Chapter 3

Who could it be?

"Papa!" I happily greeted. Papa grins and picks me up with his scaly tail. He pulls me close and nuzzles my forehead with his "hello my child" he greets back.

This gigantic beast before me is my papa Emprys. He's a strange but majestic looking creature. Beautiful golden scales covering half his legs, half his arms, tail and face. Gorgeous and soft white fur around the rest of his legs and arms, stomach, neck, and the end of his tail. Twisted deer like horns on top of his head and sharp talons. Papa eyes are the best part of his features. Papa eyes is like a box of jewels. His left eye have ruby at the top, emerald at the bottom. His right eye have sapphire at the top and amethyst at the bottom. His pupils are silver slits like a cat. Papa is truly stunning. 

"Ari, papa got food for his little one" he said "let's go eat" he adds. I nodded my head and allowed my papa to carry me into the other side of the dungeon where we usually eat. Papa slowly places me down in front of cooked wolf-deer meat. I know I'm a mana beast I can eat meat raw. But in the real world I never had the luxury to eat cooked meat only stale bread, stolen fruit and raw unfreshed meat.  I wanted to change that by finally having cooked meat. Papa had tried to feed me raw meat before only for me not to eat it. Being afraid that I'll starve to death he finally gave me cook meat. I loved it so much! I'm so happy that I finally had the chance to eat such a thing. Rat would be so happy. 

I ate my food happily. Despite being a mana beast that eats raw meat papa is really good at cooking. Papa seems to be great at everything he do. I really want to be just like my papa.

[Host have you forgotten your tasks and mission already?]

Oh yeah that. This is my chance to convince papa to allow me to hunt and go outside the dungeon. I haven't seen the outside world in 3 years. I really need this. Chewing quietly I turn my gaze towards my papa and watch him devour his food. Papa notices and stopped eating "what is it Ari?" he asks. "Papa I want to go hunting with you" I reluctantly said. 

The chomping and chewing of food has stopped. The room is filled with silence.
Everything was stilled as if time had froze. Then "Why? Why do you want to hunt? Is what papa brings home not enough?" He interrogates.

This is what I mean. Papa is overly protective. Papa doesn't allow me to do anything outside the dungeon or things that he considers as "dangerous" or "dirty".

I sigh "papa I'm a ? ? ? ? like you. The real question is why does papa not allow Ari outside? Why doesn't he allow Ari to hunt? Papa hiding something from Ari?" I excused.

Papa has the expression of shock but sadness and pain shows in his eyes. I felt guilty and sadness. I didn't want to hurt papa but I really want to complete the tasks and missions. My mana usage increases, making my magic stronger and last longer each time I achieve accomplishments. I get more skills and abilities as well.

"Ari.... Papa would never hide anything from his child. Papa just worry that Ari would come across humans and get taken away from papa. Papa doesn't want Ari to get hurt or be taken. Ari doesn't want that either, right?" Papa explains.

"Ari doesn't want to be taken from papa either.... But papa Ari also doesn't want to be at home all the time. Ari wants to become strong just like papa. But Ari can't get strong if papa doesn't allow Ari to learn to fight and hunt for themselves. Papa doesn't want Ari to be strong like papa?" I replied.

Papa didn't respond. He returned back to eating. This made me sad but I decided to drop it for now.

-Time Skip-

Emprys P.O.V
Ari snored softly as he cuddles against the brushy part of my tail. I cooed at the sight before me and gently stroke his little head.

'Papa I want to go hunting with you.'

'The real question is why does papa not allow Ari outside?

'Papa hiding something from Ari?'

'Ari wants to be strong like papa'

'Ari can't get strong if papa doesn't allow Ari to learn to fight and hunt for themselves'

'Papa doesn't want Ari to be strong like papa?'

"Ari...."