Chapter 5

Who is it

Third Perspective

Arius looked up to see the expressionless face of their father. He had no emotion on his face but the aura that surrounded him told Arius that they are in big trouble. They can feel the anger and sadness from their father. Emprys was hurt that his own child had sneaked out and went behind his back. But he also understood their reasons and he knew that he wasn't going to be able to keep his child inside forever no matter how much he wanted to. 

"Pa-papa I can explain! Ari knows wrong! Ari knows leaving home and sneaking behind papa is a no-no. Papa don't be too mad at Ari and lets go back together, okay?" Arius pleaded. The fact that Arius needed to beg and plead their father broke Emprys heart more. 

Without saying a word, Emprys picks Arius up with his tail. Arius was disappointed and annoyed at themselves for being caught so quickly. As Arius thinks that they are going to go back to the dungeon and be scolded they were surprise to find that their father has taken them to a clearing that had a bunch of beautiful and colourful wildflowers everywhere. Emprys gently puts Arius down and simply said "go play". Arius didn't need to be told twice as they ran into the garden of wildflowers, sniffing, rolling and playing around in the flowers. When Arius saw mana beast in the clearing their beastly instincts kicks in and they immediately activates their hunting skill. 

Arius P.O.V

For the rest of the day I played and hunted mana beast. Even though most of the mana beast were lesser and medium levelled beast I was still glad to accomplished a few missions. I gained two new abilities Healing and Water Manipulation. I gained them after I had gotten hurt from being hit in the head by a skunk-like beast and being almost sprayed by its stench. If it wasn't for papa scaring the beast with his presence I would've stank. I gained water manipulation because I killed a powerful frog-like beast that was conveniently in the meadow. I don't know why or how it was there but lucky it was. My mana usage have increased as well. It wasn't as much as I wanted it to be but it was there. 

When the sun went down and the moon and stars were out I took in all its beauty. This was one of the things I missed after I was reincarnated. It was one of the things that were beautiful and worth living for to me back in my past life. 

Papa chuckled at my amazed expression and looked up at the sky "its beautiful isn't it? the world around us?" he asked as I nodded my head. I gazed up at the beautiful night sky "it is pretty. The stars reminds me of papa eyes. Papa eyes are like gems among treasure but papa eyes twinkles like the stars in the sky right now" I said passionately. 

Papa smiles at my words but a hint of sadness flashed in his eyes. I didn't understand why papa suddenly became sad but it upset me too to see papa sad. But despite being sad papa still smile "those are the exact same words your mother told me" my eyes widen in shock at his words. This was the first time I heard him talk about her. I always tried to get information on my birth-mother but papa never said anything. Talking about her must hurt him a lot. 

"Really? Mama said that?" I asked "yes, she also said that she hoped that her child will have the same twinkle in their eyes" papa answered. I tilt my head "do I have the twinkle mama wanted?" I asked awaiting for his answer. Papa chuckled "yes, you have the twinkle my child" he replied smiling brighter than before. I was happy to hear his response I subconsciously giggled childishly. 

Papa chuckles and coos happily but he suddenly became a little bit serious. It caught me off guard. "Arius my child. There is many things in this world you don't understand. The world around you is beautiful, intriguing and it embraces you. But it is also ugly and cruel and will destroy you. The creatures that roam the earth are only here to live, survive and destroy. The world has no mercy for you, me, others and.... your mother. That's why I don't want you to leave home. The world may look pretty now but sooner or later it will be hideous I won't be able to protect you from it. Just like how I couldn't protect your mother" he explained. 

Every word papa said held deep meaning. It was filled of honesty, sadness and resentment. Anyone that heard could tell my papa hated the world and the creatures that live in it. What he hated more is that it still looked beautiful despite the wrong it does. Honestly I don't blame him. The life I lived before did nothing but abuse me. I was always in agony and unbearable pain. Despite my suffering the world still looked beautiful. I too hated that 'I know what you mean papa, I know what you mean. The world ruined me too' I thought as I had a darkened expression. 

Papa sighs "its late we should head back" he said as he picks me up. I nodded my head and yawned. I was quite tired and wanted to go to sleep. Papa carries me back to the dungeon on our journey back I fell asleep. 

Third Perspective

Little did the father-son duo know was that they were watched the whole time and their lives will change.