Chapter 3: The mystery boy

It had been 2 years since the titans broke through wall Maria. You were a new recruit in the mist of more than 30 others. The captain was going through the rows picking people at random it seemed, and started yelling at them. You knew that he was trying to wipe their slate clean so the regiment could mold them into proper soldiers, but it still bothered you. Many burst into tears from the terrible things he said. He seemed to be skipping people, like he did to you. Then it hit you. The people he was skipping all had been there when the titans broke through, like you. You recognized some of them, but their faces gave it away. You all had a face showing no emotion, but eyes holding determination and vengeance. When the captain was done yelling at a girl who was eating a potato ( he told her to run laps until she could no longer bear it), the admittence was done and all the recruits were assigned to a cabin. When you got to the cabin, dinner was prepared so you ate. The serving sizes were small, but the soup and bread were filling enough. You moved your ( h/c ) hair out of you beautiful ( e/c ) eyes. You didn't believe what people said, but you were truly beautiful. Apparently all the guys thought so too, because when you looked up, they were all staring at you. You blushed and went outside to get away from them. You weren't all that self confident and were quite shy ( if you aren't, just play along ). Your friend Mikasa came out to join you. She was your only friend and had been for about a month. In that short period of time, you two had become close friends.  "Hi ( y/n ), " she mumbled under her red scarf, pulling it up to protect her face from the icy cold wind. You were wearing a jacket so you weren't really bothered. "Hey Mikasa," you said with a small smile. You liked her. She wasn't like all the other girls who worried about everything unimportant and gossiped. She was modest and kind. " You know we're friends right?" she asked in a monotone. " Of course Mikasa. I've known you for a while," you grinned, while watching potato girl carrying on with her laps.  "Good. That's good," she whispered. You were about to ask her what she meant when potato girl gave herself up to the dirt. A blond streak catched your eye and you watched as a girl ran to help her, carrying food and water. You said goodnight to Mikasa and went back inside where everybody's eyes met you. You felt your cheeks grow hot and you rushed to the table to lose yourself in your art. You loved drawing. It had been your stress release for years and never failed to make you forget yourself in long, curved strokes of your pencil. It had been 20 minutes until you finished your drawing. You looked at your art work and gave a small nod of approval before shutting your sketch book. When you looked up, you were glad to see no one was paying any attention to you. Or so you thought, until you looked at the table next to you. You couldn't believe your eyes. It was that boy. The boy with the emerald eyes and beautiful voice. He looked away when you saw him. He had been staring at you, but for how long? You felt exposed and stripped of your privacy. Who was he? Why was he staring? Did he... like you? No. Absolutely no. Positively no. Uh-uh ( I couldn't resist myself :) Comment if you get that reference). You didn't know why you couldn't take your eyes off him. Did you... like him? How could you? You didn't know anything about him. Besides the fact that he was the most attractive person ever to exist. Who was he? You didn't know, but you were sworn to find out.