Chapter 1

"Studying and living in an unfamiliar country alone was not a simple task to do, especially for a 10-year-old girl. I didn't expect that I will get through the whole 5 years without Mom beside me. Having my very first fever alone was tough. Mom, told me to call her if anything like that happens to me. Of course, I don't want her to be upset, so I endured all my headaches and chills alone in my bedroom. Also, I didn't bother to mention to my homestay family what I was going through that night. That's when I thought no one would help you except yourself. From then on, I took all the responsibility for my action. I become in charge of my well-being at a young age. Days passed, I adapted the system. I studied well to make my Mom proud and here I am now, standing in front of you all not to brag but to inspire every one of you that believing in yourself is the first secret to success. If I can, you can. And we all can. Congratulations to all of us and Mom, this is for you!"

She finishes with a big gummy smile on her face. The gummy smile that traps men's and women's hearts. Yes, also women.

After Jennie's valedictorian speech, all the graduating students stood up from their seats to give her a deafening round of applause. Most of them were cheering her name. Especially boys, of course.

She then headed to the faculty members and other school administrators that were lined up behind her to shake their hands that's when Mrs. Kim joined them and put the valedictorian medal on Jennie's neck. Mrs. Kim planted a kiss on Jennie's mandu like cheek and whispers "I am and will always be proud of you." They exchanged heart-warming smiles to each other and looked on the camera in front of them for the photo ops with the school admins.

ACG Parnell College is a prestigious University and remarkably well known for accommodating foreign students. Like Jennie and thousands of others from different countries.

Jennie is prominent in school. She is extremely smart, sophisticated, talented, and gorgeous than the other students. The other girls on the campus envied and often misunderstood her. She is a consistent top student in their class, and she enlists a lot of extracurricular activities and one of them is in the performing arts department. She acts, sings, and dances whenever there are school activities that involve participation from the students. No wonder why a lot of men likes her, but no one was brave enough to ask her out. Except for one.

"I like her. I will ask her out. Before she flies back to Korea." the guy said to his best friend. "Go on then. Embarrass yourself in front of her and her friends. Hahaha I informed you. Don't blame me after she rejects you."

After the graduation ceremony, Jennie asks her mom if she can go out with friends to have some snacks. "Be careful and go home before dinner. We need to celebrate your graduation with your homestay family. Besides, this will be your last night here. They will be upset if you don't bond with them before going back to Korea." Mrs. Kim's response to Jennie.

"I will, Mom." Jennie said.

Jennie together with Irene, Chaehee and Nayeon are heading to the nearest shopping mall to have their afternoon snacks and bonding before they part ways.

"What are we going to eat, girls? My treat." Jennie said while smiling and waiting for her friend's response.

"Let's have the usual." Nayeon said while she caresses her growling stomach from hunger.

"I didn't expect that the ceremony will take that long. I should've put snacks in my pocket". Chaehee said and they all laugh, imagining her munching biscuits while waiting for their turn to be called on stage for the diploma.

Meanwhile, the two guys are following the girls without them noticing that they are being followed. "I will not accompany you and humiliate myself in front of them. There is no way! I might deny knowing you when someone asks me after you faint because of embarrassment." said the guy to his best friend mockingly who looks pale and having cold dripping sweats all over his face.