today

today, my mom told me she was proud of me, for the first time since I can remember. she said she could never have accomplished what I have these past few years and still stay strong.

   since 5th grade I've taken in the broken and tried to fix them. I showed them that there was more to life than hurting themselves. that there is a better way to life than ending it.

   most my friends cut.. I do too. but I'm trying to stop. so far I'm 1 month clean. it's hard not to relapse. but I believe that I can stop.

   today I looked at a sharpener, and didn't want to take the blade out to scar my skin.

   today I smiled a real smile and laughed a real laugh.

   today I ate and didn't throw it up.

   today I looked at the scale and smiled before throwing it away.

   today I realized that people really do love me and are here for me.

   today I didn't want to die.

   today I didn't look into the mirror and cry.

   today I wanted to put down my mask and just be me.

   cause that's all I have to be.

   I'm here today to tell you that it gets better. please stay strong and don't cut tonight. please don't kill yourself. please don't force yourself to throw up. please don't cry. please don't burn yourself. I'm here for you all. I love you all. even if I don't know you, I love you. and you. are. worth. it. don't let anyone tell you different.