Knowing

Mar. 2nd, 2019

Brie's pov

As I'm carrying this young girl into my house, I feel kind of awkward. I can tell there's something going on with her that isn't right. She seems battered down and depressed. I ask her again what her name is. She tries to talk but can't stop crying. I exchange a Look with Tessa. 

"Sweetie, I'm going to need you to try and talk to us. We want to help you." I say cautiously. "Yeah, you're safe here." Tessa adds.

She looks up at us and says "I-I'm sorry. My name is Luna. Th-thank you for helping me." the girl says. Thank god she spoke, or else I would be at a loss for what to do.

"Hi Luna! Nice to meet you," says Tessa. "Would you like us to call your parents? Do you need anything?". Luna seems to have relaxed, but tenses up again when her parents are mentioned.

"Um... I live at a foster home. Pl..Please don't make me go back there...please..." Luna sobs. "I'll fix up my b-bike and be on my way."

Tessa and I look at each other again, having a telepathic conversation.

What do we do? We can't send her back into the world like this!

I think we should let her stay until she calms down, and then figure it out. 

Sounds good.

"Ok hun. You're going to stay here for now while you rest a little." I say. She looks at me and gives me the biggest hug ever.

"Thank you." she says, voice muffled by my shoulder. I tear up a little at this. For some reason, all I want to do is help this girl. 

Tessa's POV

As I watch Brie and Luna embrace, I smile. They already seem so at ease with each other. I don't think this sweet girl's going away anytime soon.

Luna's POV

When I pull out of the hug I look at Tessa and say "Are you sure this is ok? I don't want to intrude on your life or anything."

"Gosh no, of course you're not intruding" Tessa says with a smile. "You are very welcome here."

I let out a sigh of relief. I feel safe for the first time in a while. I don't want to go anywhere.

"Well then," Brie says, getting up. "Why don't we make some dinner and watch a movie or something?"

"That sounds amazing." I smile.

"Well, you're in luck," Tessa says. "Because Brie here is a master chef.". Brie laughs and nuzzles into Tessa. They seem so in love with each other.

"So, are you guys together? Sorry to impose." I say quickly, already regretting speaking. I don't want to mess things up.

Brie laughs. "You're fine Luna. Yep, been together five years now." "And counting." Tessa quips. "Let's make some dinner!".

Hey! I'm back already, I just love this story! I hope you do too. I might keep writing now. You are loved and accepted here, no matter what you look like or who you love. 🌈🌈🌈