Decisions

Mar. 2nd, 2019.

Brie's POV

We finish dinner, completely full and happy. We go into the living room where it appears that they were watching the Avengers. I pull Tessa aside for a hushed conversation.

"Why are you playing a marvel movie? She clearly doesn't know who we are, and wouldn't that freak her out?!" I whisper.

"Babe, babe. Captain Marvel and Endgame aren't even out yet. Plus, I thought she could relate to black widow, and because SHE HASN'T WATCHED A MOVIE SINCE SHE WAS A BABY!" Tessa whispers furiously.

"Ok, ok, fine." I smile.

"I love youuu!" she smirks.

We make our way back over to Luna on the couch where she's absorbed in the movie. She sees us and her face turns to worried.

"Is everything ok? Did I do something?" she asks worriedly.

"NO! No, you didn't do anything." I say as Tess and I plop down on either side of her. "But we do need to talk about what to do now. I know you really don't want to go back to the foster home, and I don't feel right sending you back there." Luna nods at me.

Tessa sighs. "You have to stay here, sweetie. We would love to have you, even for the night. Can you say you're with a friend?" she says.

Luna perks up. "Yeah! Even though Ms. Amanda probably wouldn't even notice I was gone." she says.

I smile and nod. "It's settled then. I'll set you up in one of the guest bedrooms."

She looks at both of us with the biggest smile ever. "You are hands down the nicest, coolest people I've ever met." she laughs.

Luna's POV

I can't believe this is happening. I feel happy for once. Am I in an alternate reality where my life is perfect? Even just to be away from the foster home for one night is amazing.

Brie and Tessa get up to get the bedroom ready, and I watch them walk away talking with smiles on their faces, and I pretend that they're my moms. That we are a happy little family. I start to tear up, because I know it's not real, even if I wish it was.

Brie comes back out. "Sweetie, are you ok? You're crying again." she says with a worried look.

"Yeah, you guys are just too generous." I say, mustering a smile. Brie hugs me. Her hugs are the best.

"Oh, kiddo, this is our pleasure. We've been wanting a kid for a while now," she stops and looks embarrassed. "N-not that you're our kid, it's just nice to imagine." she finishes sheepily.

I get closer to her and lean my head on her shoulder. "I would love to have you guys as my moms." I say. She smiles, and Tessa comes out. She looks at us and smiles, then joins the hug.

"Ok, kid. Your bedroom is all set up, let us know if it works ok." Tessa says. "You don't have to go to bed yet, but you're welcome to. It seems like you've had a long day." Brie adds.

I yawn. "Maybe in a little bit..." I say. The three of us sit and watch the movie until I start to drift to sleep on Brie's shoulder.

Tessa's POV

I look over when the movie ends, and Luna has fallen asleep on Brie's shoulder. Brie and I share a smile. This just feels so perfect.

I get up and shake Luna awake. She looks at us groggily and apologizes for falling asleep.

"Kiddo, you're good. Let's get you to your bed." I say. I put her on my back and the three of us go into the bedroom. I set her down and she immediately gets under the covers and goes to sleep. I smile at Brie.

"Night, sweetie" Brie says.

"Sleep tight, kiddo." I say.

We make our way to our bedroom to go to sleep and kiss each other goodnight.

I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter! I meant to publish it last night, but I ended up calling my friend, then I forgot. I hope you're having a good day!