𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟏𝟓

SATURDAY MAY 23, 1994
12:27 PM

"Live from the Arrowhead Pond in Anaheim, California... it's Team U.S.A. versus Iceland in the hockey finals of the Junior Goodwill Games."

"Hi, everybody. This is Bob Miller along with Jacques Berman. Nice to have you with us for what should be an exciting title game tonight." Said the announcer

Meanwhile in the locker room Connie and I were putting our padding on.

"I can't believe it it's our last day." Connie said sadly

"I know Cons, but I promise you we'll stay in touch." I said as I held out my pinky to pinky swear her.

We were unlocking our fingers when Adam walked in. After everything that has been going on I almost forgot that he was out because of his wrist injury.

"Coach!" Adam said as he entered the slightly crowded room.

"Hey Banks." Some of the players said happily to see their good friend.

"-woke up and the pain was gone," he said excitedly tilting his stick side to side to show Coach it was healed.

There was various cheers let out from this gesture

"Adam, i'm sorry, we already have a full roster." Coach said feeling sorry for the boy

The whole room went silent as we all looked around waiting for something to happen

Charlie looked me dead in the eyes, then to Russ who was starting to take off his jersey.

"He can have my spot." Charlie said looking at Coach and Adam. "It's what I can do for the team. Let me do it." Charlie said as Adam placed a hand on his shoulder in gratitude.

"Charlie, I need you on the bench, coaching right there with me." Coach said as he handed Charlie the clipboard.

We all cheered as we continued to get ready for our last game as apart of Team USA hockey taking place at the Junior Goodwill Games in California.

Who would've ever thought a small town girl like myself would make it this far in the game. I can only tell you one thing.

I made my dream come true.

I walked over to Charlie and said, "That was a real brave thing you did back there Spazway." Adam is one of my best friends and I know how much this means to him." He said I smiled at him as Coach told us we needed to head out onto the ice,.

"Take a deep breath. Here we go!" Coach said as he opened the 'doors' leading out the the ice.

We all took a moment to admire the amazing crowd and energy in the arena. This was a once in a lifetime experience.

I patted Julie's shoulder as she grabbed my hand in his and raised them in the air cheering as we stepped on the ice.

We all skated around the rink warming up while getting the crowd fired up

"Now the two teams gather at their respective benches. In their last meeting, Iceland crushed Team U.S.A., 12-one." The announcer said as we finished talking on the benches.