Being Adopted and Presentation

The Grand Palace is a big place but as far as I know, I've been drawn to the little palace since I was a kid. I was adopted into the royal family since the Queen desired a daughter and my parents wanted to protect me. Queen Tatiana knew I was Grisha and she knew I was just a scared little girl. King Pytor gave me whatever I asked for, but sometimes even when he did I never accepted them but Queen Tatiana would push me forward and I would accept the gift. I was also a child, the new princess of the Grand palace to the people when I met him.

I remember the day I was preparing to demonstrate my power as a child to my new family, I was scared because of what was going on. "Princess Amira, you look nice. Are you ready to demonstrate your Grisha power in front of General Kirigan and your parents?" The maid asked, I was scared because of what might happen. I knew I could faint if I wasn't careful and that would look bad but I nod.

Guards escorted me out there and I was wearing royal attire, being only nine at the time I wasn't sure what to expect. Would my adopted family still accept me once they knew what I was? Would I be required to join the 2nd army if they knew? All of these things went through my head as we walked in. His presence was so strong that my anxiety got worse but something else happened too as I felt under my necklace they had me wear a tingling sensation.

What is this feeling on my neck? I thought

As the guards stopped I curtsied to my adopted mom and dad, I wondered if my real family was safe. "Amira, General Kirigan is willing to help you if you struggle." Queen Tatiana said as I turned to look at him. "A pleasure to meet you, Moya Tsarevna." General Kirigan said. I was speechless as I looked at my adopted parents and they motioned for me to start. "It is time, are you ready?" General Kirigan asked

"Yes." I said as I put my hands together knowing what I was as I closed my eyes before using the tidemaker first. I was able to control it and make it move to my will as I smiled. I could see him watching but then I put my hands together again. The water went away and everyone was looking at me confused. Sorry, but I do not feel like denying this. I thought as I looked at General Kirigan nervous again. "uh could we dim the lights?" I asked as I saw him put his hands together then put his hand up and suddenly it was dark in the room. Shadows...no wonder... I thought as I put my hands together and sparks started to come out.

I could hear gasps as I tried to make just a small amount of light knowing what would happen if I go any farther. What formed in my hand was a ball of light bigger than I intended as I threw it up and it shined in the room. Everyone was surprised but by the time the shadows faded I was already falling back as I felt someone catch me.

"Moi Tsar, Moya Tsaritsa you have adopted a Dual Summoner as a Princess. Tidemaker and Sun Summoner, she will bring great things to this country." General Kirigan asked, "May we mo-" I was fighting consciousness but still able to hear. "No, Amira was adopted into the royal family. She won't take part in the 2nd army when she is older. Her place will remain as one of us until one of two things happen." KIng Pytor said, "What will those two things be?" General Kirigan asked

"She is Grisha, so only her true Grisha soulmate could have her hand in marriage. If by the time she reaches marrying age, no soulmate has been found then she will marry who we deem worthy." King Pytro said as I realized my fate lied in the hands of those who were going to make this a bit hard. I closed my eyes not long after that I felt someone pick me up.

Shadows are close. I thought

I could feel them all around and I felt someone put a cloth to my head as voices started to be heard. "This girl is a Dual Summoner? A child with that much power, no wonder she is in this kind of state." A woman said, "I know Mother, but she is the most powerful among us at the age of nine. You must train her to withstand her power so she can use it without this happening." General Kirigan's voice said

His..mother? I thought

"Why is this small child so important to you? You haven't found a soulmate since the day you were born." The Woman said. The sound of a sleeve being pulled down was easy to hear "Look at this, this appeared the moment she walked in the room. It's probably there on her neck under that necklace..the king says her soulmate must be found before she's of marrying age. I will have to come forward eventually." General kirigan said

"The girl will probably not marry out of the saints choosing, you will have to earn her trust and be what she needs. Pity, you don't have that kind of time." The woman said as General Kirigan sighed "I have my ways to make time and I always have hope mother." General Kirigan said

My eyes didn't feel like they did when I fell back as I started to wake up and sat up taking the cloth off my head. I looked at them seeing General Kirigan and this woman who had a cane, wore black and she was in the 2nd army. Baghra looked at me and suddenly a realization seemed to come to her face. I didn't understand as she just seemed to take me in.

"Let's have a look at you." She said as she looked at me, "Where are your birth parents?" I shrugged at first but sighed, "Hiding, I think." I said, "One of the Silina family, you look like a friend of mine I haven't seen in years. You are the spitting image of Catalina at this age when we were young girls, but your tidemaker abilities that the General mentioned are strong. It cannot be denied you are Amara's daughter." She said to me, "I am Baghra, trainer of the Grisha and I will visit to train you so you may be able to protect your adopted family."

I merely nod but that was just how this whole thing began