honeymoon pt. 2

We walked around as I knew that I had always been careful. Now I didn't need to be so careful but still cautious. It was odd being here with servants and just him. When a servant would try to follow he would motion for them to leave us which they followed.

"I hate the servants...I can't even breathe with them around." I said as Alsksander stood beside me. "You should just accept they'll be around. You may become Queen of Ravka someday." He said, which it wasn't a bad option but it was the tone..like it was going to happen. I just had to accept it and move on.

"So, any plans for another Sun Summoner?" I asked as we walked together. He took my hand and kissed the top of it as I smiled. "Trust I will not put you in danger.  Being a Saint and being worshipped while you are behind the walls when we return will benefit you in more ways than you know." Aleksander said as I knew he still lead the Grisha. Yet, he avoided my question..as I knew Sun Summoners were extremely rare unless you're a direct descendant of the bloodline.

Yet, Grandma who wrote to me in the past spoke of another Sun Summoner line..her sister's bloodline but we'd never crossed paths with them...or well she hadn't and neither had my birth parents.

Aleksander and I explored the place as we came upon a pool..sadly I didn't know how to swim or anything to swim in. Aleks seemed to notice as he led me over and had me sit down in a chair then left for a second only to return with something for me to get in for getting in the pool. I went and changed then came back as he had also changed and led me in there. 

"Wait..I don't know how t-" I started but then he shook his head. "It's not that hard..you can learn. You will need to know how to swim if escaping Druskelle." He said so he took time to teach me to not be so afraid of water. We did this for a few days that I got good at it and we enjoyed the time.

When I was done swimming and I stood up in the water, I saw Aleksander looking at me..my hair wet sticking to the sides of my face and he walked over as I adjusted my head to look up at him as our lips met in a kiss. I loved the idea that we were free to be just us..he didn't have to put on an act with me and I could just relax.

"You've improved quite well..from never swiming before." Aleksander teased at me and I jabbed him a little. "Don't provoke me Aleksander." I said and he just laughed. 

Of course we ended up taking things back to the bedroom and I had no doubt in my mind that the servants were listening in..reporting our actions to the King. Seeming to notice my distraction Aleksander had me look at him. "Ignore them." He said as he pulled me down and things got intense. 

As I laid by him after, I realized that it was the first time we were actually intimate like that since our wedding night. "Well, that was better than being watched.." I said as he smirked and kissed my shoulder and up to my neck. "We have to make it seem like we're trying..the servants have left us alone most of the time but they still seem to be watching our actions." Aleksander said 

I was glad that for once we were both in agreement on what the servants were doing.  I knew that the royals probably expected me to prepare for the destruction of the fold but to also start to prepare for having children..something I half wanted but half didn't at this moment. Still, getting to experience all these adult things with being married was a bonus. 

"So what happens when you go to the first army camp by the fold?" I asked as he smirked, "You will go with me similar to last time but when that happens, they will show you more respect being my wife." 

I wondered if we would find another Sun Summoner and if I would be able to just be myself and pass off the responsibility of the fold to the new Sun Summoner when found. Aleksander seemed to realize where my thoughts were as I felt him kiss the back of my shoulder and I closed my eyes to relax. "You worry too much..it's not good for you." He said as I knew he was right but things were so uncomfortable.

"I want to see my family...my birth family." I said as I didn't get to grow up with them because this was the safest thing for me. Even now this marriage was safer than being single withing the Grand Palace. "I will arrange it..you will get to meet everyone in your family." He said 

We ended up enjoying the time but then soon clothes arrived for when we would return with the announcement of a ball held for my return after my honeymoon. I knew that my adopted mother would inquire if I was with child already but I sighed..I needed to take a break but for now we enjoyed the rest of our honeymoon then got in the carriage to head back to the little palace. 

"I hate this.." I said as I looked out the window well what I could see of it since we were moving fast.. "I know you do, but I will try to keep your time at court as small as I can." Aleksander promised as we knew that it was never going to die down for us but at least he would try.. I knew that Genya was being mistreated.. "I-" I started to say but Aleksander spoke. "The Tsaritsa is wanting to give you a wedding gift..anything you desire.." Aleksander said as I was surprised. 

When we arrived and he led me to what would now be our room, we saw a couple boxes prepared as I opened them seeing the outfit options. When I first pulled out the black one I knew it was his choice. 

and then there was the option of the royals

"You can wear whichever one you feel most comfortable with

"You can wear whichever one you feel most comfortable with." Aleksander said as I wasn't sure which one I was going to wear...

Which one should I wear? I thought