Part 2 - Meeting Friends

After Mother told me my name, she told me to go and find some other colts and fillies to go and play with, make some friends. I can see a bunch of young horses my age running around each other and playing. I hope they like me! I think secretly. "Hello, guys! Do you mind if I play with you?" I whinny to them. They stop. They stare. One of them slowly walks up to me. "Who are you?" He chuffs, pawing the ground. "Well...Uh..." I stammer, my brain filled with blank spaces, how can I forget my name? I say inside my head. "Answer. The. Question." The young colt says. I can taste the frustration in the air, brace for impact! I think. "So, did little buddy forget his name did he?" He mocks me tactlessly. "No! I did not forget my own name! Who would do that?!" Geez, I sound so much more confident in my words than on the inside. "Maybe you would?" The colt cocks his head and puffs out his chest, preparing for battle. "No! Please don't Jet!" A shy, timid voice says, out of the blue. The colt - apparently called Jet - turns around and gives me a death stare. "What are you going to do about it, Clover?" he says spitefully. "Nothing. But please just be friendly, it's not the worst thing in the world to make a new friend." Clover says confidently, but with fright streaking her voice. Another horse trots up beside Clover and stands there. "I'm with Clover. I say we let the newbie join." She says proudly, "My name is Daisy, Clover here is my sister." Daisy adds matter-of-factly, giving Jet a death stare right back at him. "Fine." Jet growls, "But it doesn't mean I have to be nice to you." He adds carefully.