𝔭𝔯𝔢𝔣𝔞𝔠𝔢

a powerful bond

KOL MIKAELSON, believe it or not, had a best friend.

She was a witch of course, as he wouldn't waste his time on pathetic little humans. But if she was human, he wouldn't even care about the difference between species.

The wildest Mikaelson was known for befriending and helping out witches throughout the years as a vampire, and most of the witches he came across seemed to love him despite his nature that demanded bloodlust. It didn't even matter that he was an Original.

Astrid and Kol both shared a love and fascination for magic, and not to just use it but to practice it as well despite the latter not being able to use his anymore. So, when Kol came across a crying 18 year old and sensed something supernatural, something magical about her, he took her in and deemed her the only one truly worthy of his time.

It didn't take long for them to become the best of friends, to the point that Kol, without a price in return, taught her every single spell and every kind of magic he knew to the point where she could practice everything and anything without getting a nosebleed or having her power drained from her because she was special.

Kol knew that, he definitely knew that, there was no denying it. But the rest of his family, his siblings, had no idea of the younger girl and they both wanted it to stay that way, as Kol couldn't imagine his best friend in danger. The thought alone haunted him and plagued his sleep with nightmares of Astrid constantly being killed by his family to the point where he forced them in a new place very regularly (not that she minded as long as she was with him). That was how much he loved her, and fortunately his love was returned.

So he got daggered in 1914 and some of their witch friends got locked up as well, she was furious, discarding everything to devote her time into searching for Kol. She tried everything he taught her: tracking spells, breaking through cloaking spells, astral projection.

But she was unable to get any results which was because Klaus kept on moving his coffin specifically, placing dummy ones in different locations as he knew Kol's other witch friends — the ones he hadn't locked up — would try and find him.

But over the years, Astrid strengthened her magic and traveled every corner of the world to immerse herself into the world of magic, going on trips with rival covens, studying the darkest of magic that would disgust even the devil, all just to get Kol back.