Brand New Teammates

-(Y/n)'s P.O.V-

The tall and the short boy walked into our view smiling as if everything was just peachy. I held out my hand as they stopped moving.

"What about you titian?"

He pointed to himself as I nodded. His eyes went wide. Giulia held out her hands.

"Can you swim at least?"

he started to walk forward with a smug grin.

"Yeah! I'm amazing-"

He was elbowed in the arm by the short kid.

"-ly. Bad. At swimming."

He smiled as if that was something he should be proud of. I raised an eyebrow as Giulia pointed to them.

"You can't swim, you can barely ride a bike."

She turned and leaned her head back while raising her hands.

"Questo è un disastro..."

I looked at them.

"Where are you even form anyway?"

The tall one looked offended.

"We're not telling you our secrets!"

The short one looked at the ground before quickly spilling out.

"we're runaways."

Giulia turned around quickly.

"Runaways?"

She looked at me for help. I shrugged while shaking my head.

"I don't know, ragazzi..."

the short one walked forward and grabbed one of my hands.

"Please? My family was gonna send me somewhere horrible. Away from everything I love. but if we win this race. Well... We can be free."

I looked at Giulia, who then looked at the tall boy.

"My life's great. I'm just helping him out."

I looked at the short boy again, he held onto my hand tighter. I looked at Giulia again, waiting for her choice.

"Hmm."

the short boy let go of my hand and quickly grabbed the bike again. He was looking at me and Giulia really quickly.

"Just-Just give me one more chance!"

Giulia held out a hand as if to stop him.

"No."

I looked at her shocked. The boys did as well. they also looked a little disappointed. giulia smiled a little bit.

"You guys want it just as bad as we do. You have the hunger. that's most important thing."

The tall boy put his pinky in his ear and smiled.

"I'm definitely hungry."

I scoffed lightly and I shook my head. Giulia clapped once as she pointed to us and listed off everyone.

"Perfetto! You eat, you bike, I swim, (Y/n) coaches, Nova will help with injuries, and Alex will help with snacks."

The boys smiled at each other as I held out my hand with a smile of my own.

"Underdogs?"

The boys and Giulia put their hands on top of my and agreed. Everyone pulled away, Giulia was tinking, while the boys looked at their hands with a smile.