Chapter 4

Hey guys,

So I know I haven't updated in a while but I will be posting more frequently (or trying to at least). I hated being so inactive (even though it's been less than a week) but I'll be getting back on track soon. Also, I'd really appreciate if you guys could vote on each chapter (if you liked it of course) 'cause it tells me if you enjoyed it or not and I'd love it if you could recommend my book to some of your followers cuz I need more readers! xx

———————————————————————————————————————

After Harry left, I grabbed my things and headed downstairs. Flushing in anger, I shuffled over to the main office where Melanie was. She was sitting at her usual desk, talking with some of her friends when I walked in with a noticeable scowl on my face, because she soon dismissed her company while I marched up to her. Glancing up a bit worriedly, (she had a habit of being a bit motherly, not that anyone minded), she held my hand over her desk and gave me a  nod, as if giving me permission to rant.

"What's wrong sweetie, you seem a bit upset." She said with a caring smile.

"Did you let Harry in?" I pointed upstairs, towards where my office is located.

"You mean Mr. Styles? Yes,  he said he needed to discuss something urgent with you, and Rob gave me a heads up to let any of them go up if they came in, why?" By them, I was assuming she meant the rest of the guys from One Direction.

"I just don't feel comfortable with the thought that they can walk in whenever they feel like it, so could you double check with me, if he ever comes back?" What I really wanted to say was call security next time he shows his face, but I didn't want to have to explain my situation with Harry to her. 

"Alright, sweetie, I understand. Consider it done." She beamed at me, and I returned the smile.

"And do you know if Robert's still in?" I was hoping to catch him to discuss the ridiculous deal he made with Harry (and maybe also change his mind).

"No, he left early to pick up his daughter. But he should be here early tomorrow."

"Oh, alright then. Goodnight Melanie!" Spinning around in triumph, I was about to text Penny to let her know I was leaving when I bumped into someone. 

My phone got knocked to the ground along with some flying papers. I instinctively kneeled to the ground and helped whoever it was with their papers and grabbed my phone too.

"Oh hey Carter, you headed out?" I looked up to see Elliot slightly fumbling with his file.

I nodded, "Yeah, I was just about to text Penny and let her know, since it's a bit later than I usually leave, and she might be worried." His brown eyes seemed to light up, but I didn't take a weird note of it. I was tired and frustrated and wasn't really in the mood to evaluate, or even talk to, anyone for that matter. But it was only Elliot, so I didn't mind AS much. 

"Are you leaving alone, then? At this time?" He looked at me wearily, but I was not having it right now.

"Yeah, I'll just grab a cab or something. Don't worry about me." I reassured him by patting his arm.

"I don't like you going out so late, all alone. Let me give you a ride. I'l just be done in 5 minutes." He pointed to his file and I guessed that he only had to store it and he was done. 

"No, no, it's alright, really Eli, I'll manage. It's only a 10 minute walk." 

"I don't care if it was a 2 minute walk, you're coming with me." He grabbed my hand and began to pull me with him to where his things were. Sighing in defeat, partly because I was too winded to fire back, I followed Elliot and let him drag me along side him.