Cunning Fox

In the evening Nathaniel was walking with Lila together, on the streets of Paris.  

"That's very sweet of you to walk me home," Said Lila walking along with her boyfriend observing the many neon lights on the commercial buildings, they were passing by.

"Don't you just love to see the city like this?" Asked Nathaniel and she nodded.

"It's amazing," Said the Italian admiring the neon over the place.

"Did you actually caught, who actually won the bet?" Asked Nathaniel and she shook her head. "I wondered who won actually since we left"

"We'll find out that later," Said Lila grabbing him on his arm, following their way on the sidewalk. On the sidewalk appeared the same guy, which felt on the road in front of Chloé, looking around for something on the ground of the sidewalk.

"Hey I think he might be looking for something," Said Nathaniel pointing to the old man, with the Hawaiian shirt.

"Good Evening Monsieur" Greeted Lila and the man looked up at the girl. "Did you lose something?"

"I let my compass fall into the sewer and I can't reach it with my hand," Said the old man.

"Oh no," Said Lila and came down on her knees looking into the sewer, to see something silver and shiny on the ground of the sewer.

"Looks like it's gone forever," Said Nathaniel and Lila looked up around the place to see a stationery store open.

"I got an idea," Said Lila and walked across the street, going into the store.

After a few minutes, Lila came out with a knitting cord and a round, donut-like magnet and showed it to Nathaniel and the old guy.

"Hold the cord sweetie" Demanded Lila giving Nathaniel the cord, which he holds and on the magnet, she tied the beginning of the cord.

"And now let's stick this into the sewer," Said Lila letting the cord glide over her fingers slowly down into the sewer. The man observed along with young Kurtzberg the magnet arriving the ground, pulling the compass to it.

"You did it!" Shouted Nathaniel surprised.

"Good," Said Lila, then pulled the cord up again.

"Really clever idea" Complimented the man.

"You know, she's my girlfriend," Said Nathaniel proud while scratching his head, a bit abashed.

"She must have a good aura on you"

"I guess" Replied Nathaniel, having no idea, what he meant.

"There he is" Said Lila as she made it pull the compass up, without any trouble. She took it, then gave it to the short guy.

"That was a really clever idea, thank you" Thanked the guy, putting it back into the pocket of his shirt.

"No problem sir" Replied Lila. "Have a nice evening," Said Lila and walked off along with Nathaniel. The man observed the couple walk off and smiled.

"Thank you, my girl," Said the senior taking a short, octagonal box from his back, then crossed the road to the other side.