They Aren't Twins Anymore

You put us through this pain, Player. We've come for revenge.

***

Player's POV

Wall of Flesh's cry was on loop in my head. I was going insane, I.. I had to kill Guide. He tried to kill me. He tried to KILL me!

No wonder he was so awkward, so other-worldly, so... unique. He wasn't even a human to begin with. I never even head of Wall of Flesh until then.
And how else was I supposed to deal with incoming bosses? Guide was the one with all the information.

He told me about the mechanical trio, at least. Skeletron Prime, Destroyer and The Twins. Actually, he said 'what was once The Twins'.. I have no idea what he meant by that. He said it wasn't important, but I think it is. Are they triplets now?

I went to the other house where all the others were, since me and Guide lived alone, but he's dead now. Should I even call him Guide? That's just his fake name. He's.. he's the Wall of Flesh.

I went inside and slumped onto the desk which was meant for Merchant, since I originally built this house for him.

"Hey Player, I heard 'bout Guide." Merchant, or who I thought was Merchant, said. I looked up at.. Demolitionist. A face I haven't seen in a while.
"We all 'ave. I'm sorry, Player."

Wait.. how do they know? It was literally two hours ago. I sat up, and saw everyone at the staircase, even Dryad. Who.. didn't look drunk.

Actually, she came down the staircase and infront of everyone else, hands on hips. She sighed.

"Welcome to Hardmode."

***

I couldn't sleep that night. Nurse moved in with me since I was 'constantly getting injured', as she stated.

I stared at the roof, it was raining outside and the occasional Flying Fish would bang on my window in an attempt to get inside.
The clock struck 7:30pm.

This is going to be a terrible night...

No. No! Not that stupid voice. What 'terrible night'? Wall of Flesh will haunt my dreams?

Wait. That.. that voice is similar to.. the other boss-summoning ones. Like when I was in the caves, before all this started... The voice spoke to me for the first time.

You feel an evil presence watching you... I still remember it. It scared the life out of me, and my first intention was to go outside. I went out. It spoke again, but I was too busy running home to care about what it was.

Then it came. Eye of Cthulhu. I killed it. It started everything, all this mess...
Cthulhu.
What does he want from me? I wouldn't have messed with him if his eye didn't come and attempt to kill me.

I went outside to see what boss would show up this time. Unless, it was just a warning for a Blood Moon or whatever a Solar Eclipse was? Blood Moons weren't that bad, I had witnessed two in my whole life, and none of the mobs were a real threat.
I mean, this is hardmode now, so maybe Blood Moons are tougher than before. Also Solar Eclipses were a new thing, apparently, with Vampires and Frankenstein Monsters. Sounds more like a Halloween party.

I went to a nearby hill where I had placed some ropes in an attempt to find a Sky Island, before being chased off by Harpies.

I sat down next to the tree and inhaled. I was still traumatised from the Underworld, and really didn't want to head back there anytime soon. I wasn't even sure on where to begin with improving on Molten Armour, since everything else that I remembered existing in the caves was too weak.