Skeletron and the Old Man

Lunatic Cultist's POV

"Eater of Worlds has been killed by Player."

I clenched my fists. That stupid Player, he's ruining everything.

"Mechanic, how's The Tw- I mean, Spaztinazer doing?" I immediately asked, after turning around to face the Mechanist who was drinking some tea in the corner. MY tea.

"I haven't even let it out yet." She replied.
"WHY?!" I yelled, making her flinch. "I need Spaztinazer to kill Player, so get it outside first thing tonight! And whilst you're waiting, make a mechanical version of Eater of Worlds."

Mechanic put down her cup and gave me a look.

"Fine, I'll let Spaztinazer out tonight, but why EoW? I know it was killed and all, but does Cthulhu really need it?" She asked me. I sighed.
"Cthulhu has no sense of navigation left, and if Spaztinazer fails we need a backup."

Mechanic sighed in a similar tone to me, and stood up before stretching her arms back, then relaxing.

"Any criteria to follow? Do I have to make this mech-EoW go through pain too?" She asked, slightly sarcastically. I thought for a bit.
"As long as it can spread Corruption, then no."
"Fine, I'll make the metal coat and you get the DNA."

She then went down the dungeon and to her little engineering room. I turned around to the Cultists and clapped my hands.

"Right. I want you to all get Eater of World's DNA for Mechanic, leave this dungeon alone. It's too far away for Player to find." I begun. "And if he DOES find it, I'll leave the Old Man to send him back."

They all eyed the Old Man who I had trapped here to take care of them whilst I was busy doing my magic stuff. "Don't worry, I'll protect this dungeon." He confirmed in his elderly voice. Even if he didn't want to, as long as the blue flame was still burning, he had to.

The Cultists left for a journey to the Corruption, and I left to go do my magic stuff. Normal magic stuff, nothing to do with Cthulhu. I need to work on my wormhole tactics.

***

Player's POV

I was starting to see a pattern when it came to bosses. Maybe the Crimson had one too? Guide didn't mention anything, but I'm sure if I asked him again he would tell me, the hesitant guy. He probably doesn't want me to kill them, but what am I supposed to do? Eye of Cthulhu and Eater of Worlds definitely wanted to kill me.

I found the Guide upstairs, talking to the newly arrived Tavernkeep who I found in the forest on the way home. He wanted to come with me since he heard I killed the 'Monstrous Eater of Worlds', as he directly stated.

"Hey, Guide." I said. He looked at me then rolled his eyes. Man, I really need to work on our relationship, killing bosses seems to have done something to us. Tavernkeep smiled. "Hello, Player! Got any Defender Medals you'd like to exchange for summon weapons?" He asked me.
"I- I'm fine," I begun, then looked at Guide.

"Before you ask, no, there aren't any bosses in the Crimson." He spoke up, before mumbling something to himself. Tavernkeep was about to speak too, but Guide gave him a look and whilst it wasn't meant for me, it still.. made me feel weird. Anyways.

"No, I wasn't asking that, but thanks for telling me, I guess..." I coughed. "Anyways. I was wondering if I could go the Dungeon to explore around a bit."
Guide scoffed at my statement.  "There's an idiotic ritual going on there. And even if you do manage to avoid it, the dungeon itself is literal hell since the Dungeon Guardian is there."

It took me a minute to process that sentence, since a lot was happening in it. First of all, Guide raised his voice unexpectedly when he said 'hell', and second of all, a ritual? Towards who? And who's even doing it?
I heard of the Dungeon Guardian, a massive skeleton head who spins towards you at alarming speeds. I would die if I went too far in the dungeon, which would not be nice.