4

She had a dream. That was confusing.

She didn't have any dreams since she started going to Oxford for her studies. It was during the time her mother died. Keira had nightmares about her death almost every other night, felt tired and couldn't focus. She remembered her exhausted mornings, not being able to get out of bed and contemplating whether to just make it all disappear.

She mentally trained herself not to dream ever again. It was way better for her to give up on creativityness during sleep tsufferring from her mother's screams.

Layla died because of a stroke. It was not so sudden. The two days before, she was in a lot of pain. She was relatively young - only sixteen when Keira was born. But her lifestyle took the best of her. She died young and Keira was left alone. Without a friend, without anyone.

Having a dream was something she wasn't used to at all. And what's more, she remembered it. She was being carried by a man, there was deep thunder. She was clutching her fingers and he held her close, not that she would let him go.

The dream was so vivid she couldn't help but admire her ability to imagine things. Maybe if one didn't dream for long, those night tales would turn out to be more intense than before. Whatever it was, she was sure she would remember it.

She turned around. The bed was exceptionally comfortable. At the same ,time while realizing this, she moaned in pain. Her muscles were stiff, and her head was pounding. Her eyes shot open, only to be blinded by the sharp light.

Immediately, she sat up. This wasn't her room. This wasn't the Rosehold Inn. Where the hell was, she?

The room was large. She was sitting on a massive bed of dark wood, under dark grey covers. On her right side was an opened window with black curtains. There was a large closet - she was sure even three grown people could fit in. The walls were decorated with portraits and black and white photos. Next to her was a nightstand with her phone on top of it. She grabbed it and checked the time. 10 AM. Her bat wastery almost dead. Oh, God.

She almost screamed when she realized what she was wearing. It was a long t-shirt - not hers. She jumped out of the bed - she was also wearing pants - too long for her to walk comfortably without tripping over them. She tried to roll them up. It looked ridiculous, but at least she wouldn't fall on her nose.

That's when it started to come back to her. She was in the mansion on the hill. Oh boy. How did she get there?

She heard knocking on the door. Panicked, she ran back to the bed, her pants swiftly rolling down causing her to fall on her stomach as she landed on the bed.

"Do you need a parachute?" A deep male voice called from the door.

She quickly rolled over, deep red reaching her cheeks. She glanced at the man and internally screamed. Not him!

Thane smirked and walked towards her. His black hair was a bit loose, causing a half shadow on his sharp face. She gulped.

Keira's first motion was to cover herself with the blanket - but realized there was no use. What are the odds that she changed herself into his clothes? He's already seen everything. To the hell with that.

"How are you feeling?" He asked and she heard a worry in his voice. She tried to smile, painfully aware of her burning cheeks.

"I felt better," she admitted, avoiding his look.
He nodded and sat next to her on the bed. She didn't move away - there was no space to move if she didn't want to make it more awkward and stand up.

"How did I get here?"

"I heard you scream," he said casually. "So, I went after that noise and found you lying on the ground in the forest."