Chapter 12 Little Things

I went to change to a bit fancier clothes, well jeans and a hoodie – as fancy as it can get, right? The rain was pouring outside the window and it looked so beautiful. Just as I was about to get my umbrella it ringed on the door. I took my bag and umbrella and took one last look in the mirror before I went to the door where Mandy and Harry stood.

“…it’ll be perfect” I heard Mandy say.

“What’ll be perfect?” I asked.

“This” he said as he hugged him and spun me around.

“I’ll let it go just cause you are you” I said and kissed him on his cheek.

We said good bye to Mandy and walked out in the rainy London. Just as we rounded the corner he took my hand. I didn’t look at him but I can feel his stare at me, I just smiled. The stars were shining bright and we walked under our umbrella. The dog owners were out walking their dogs and other than that it wasn’t much people. We walked in silence until we came to Hyde Park.

“I’ve tried to figure out what I should say, but I can’t think of anything” he said suddenly.

“You don’t really have to say anything. I like this silence; it’s comfortable” I said and looked up at him and in to his green eyes.

“I don’t think everyone is appreciating the little things in life as much as they should” Harry said. “Like we are touring, recording albums, meeting fans, jetting all over the world but I think it isn’t all that that counts. I mean I love all those things, but just the feeling of standing on the stage singing your songs and hearing the fans singing along is the best thing. Just seeing their faces lit up when we stand there, that’s the thing I love the most. And nights like this…” he said referring to us holding hands. “People don’t appreciate the little things, and that’s a shame because I’ve come to realise that they are the big things” he said smiling at me.

I stopped walking and looked up at him. “I’m not flirting. I just thought that was amazing” I said as I kissed him lightly on his lips.

“Harry, you are amazing do you know that?” I said. “There are girls who stay up late at night watching videos of you and cries, that’s how much they love you. They absolutely adore you. For some you are like a long lost brother who will protect them and some think they’ll be Mrs Styles. But they all love all the same. For some you are the reason they smile, you light up their world” I said smiling at him. “And just by singing you make people smile, I know you make me smile when you sing. Because your voice is amazing Harry, it really is. You could sing a Hannah Montana song and it would sound beautiful. And I understand what you’re saying about appreciating the little things, I’ve thought about that to”

“Can I kiss you again?” he asked as he deeply looked in to my eyes.

I just nodded. He leaned in and it was a sweet kiss, just a little peck, but it was perfect. We continued walking around Hyde Park and we talked about our lives when we were small. How it felt leaving where you grew up. He talked his friends from Holmes Chapel and I talked about mine from Stockholm. I told him mostly about Sophie and Mandy, how we had met and some stories about us.

“Speaking of little things, Soph once told me about how she didn’t think we appreciated the little things. When she was going to start 7th grade she got in the same class as two of her classmates that she had gone to school with since kindergarten and she didn’t like this one girl. She annoyed her and she wasn’t nice towards other people, I don’t think no one really liked her. But Soph gave her multiply chances but she stayed just the same. So while Soph was annoyed by her, she forgot all the other things. Suddenly they were about to finish 9th grade and start different schools. And she realised how much she had missed. While she was caught up in her, she didn’t realise how great her other classmates were and she was sad about that” I said thinking of my wonderful friend.

When we had walked around the park, Harry insisted we’d go around one more time.

“Okay, but you owe me a new pair of Converse, that rain have totally ruined mine” I said and he just smiled. And we began with 20 questions.

Harry’s POV

When we had walked around Hyde Park I insisted that we should walk around one more time. After I promised her a new pair of Converse she agreed. This is kind of cute since I would buy all the Converse in the world for her, but I don’t think she knows. We did 20 questions but I didn’t really pay attention to what she was saying. I just looked at her lips how they moved when she spoke and how she rolled her eyes at my answers. How she looked up at the sky and smiled and how her eyes sparkled when she talked about her friends. But she had kissed me. ‘I’m not flirting’ she said. I don’t know what I feel towards her, when I’m with her I feel endlessly happy. I have this feeling in my tummy and I feel like smiling all the time. She understands me and it feels like we’ve known each other forever.

We reached the end of the park – again – and we started walking to her house.

“Which album is it you are recording now?” Caroline asked.

“Uhm, it’s our third” I answered.

“Third? Didn’t you like release your second like three days ago?” she asked.

“Yeah, I feel so to. But no, it’s been a like a year and a half, we’ve been touring so much and it’s been great fun. But we are kind of revealed of getting new songs to sing” I chuckled.

“Yeah I bet” she said giggling.

“Do you know any of our songs?” I asked curiously.

“Well, I know ‘What Makes You Beautiful’, ‘Moments’ – lovely song by the way – ‘Live While We’re Young’… and yeah that’s about it” she smiled nervously.

“Have you heard ‘Little Things’? It was on our second album?” I asked.

“No, but I’ve heard Ed Sheeran sing a song called that. It was beautiful and perfect in every single way” she said.

“Yeah okay, you know that Ed wrote that song for us? We sang the song first” I said smiling at her.

“You did? Awesome! I like that song very much, it really is the perfect song to sing to girls, you’ll get them in bed without blinking” she said happy.

“Haven’t tried that yet, but maybe I should…” I said and she just rolled her eyes and hit me on my arm. I pretend to be in pain.

After another 5 minutes we arrived to her flat.

“Thank you for tonight Harry. I’ve had really fun” she said as we hugged.

“Thank you to. And have fun tomorrow night!” I said as I smiled.

“Right, Ed’s concert! Thank you so, so, so much for the tickets!” she said.

“No probs Caz, all for you” I said and I really meant it.

“I’ll see you around Harry, good night” Caroline said as she stepped in to her flat and closed the door behind her.

“Yeah, see you around Caroline” I said as I began my walk to my flat.