1. Contractual Wife

In felicity tavern, when Mei Shiqing was discussing illegal salt sellers with his in charge of felicity tavern, Rou, he heard a slight noise from outside the doors.

"Whose that?" He yelled loudly.

The door opened and Xia Wansa came out with a nervous face.

"Leave us. " Shiqing ordered. Rou went out and Xiao Wansa came in and sit near Shiqing.

"So, you got the way to secret tunnel... I'm impressed." He taunted.

" I also wanted to help you and could not risk your life in danger." She said in a worried state.

She asked, "What relation do you share with Rou?" Shiqing was already angry because of her arrival and now this question lost his cool. He sternly said,

"Arent, you are my contractual wife?"

This question made Xiao Wansa broke from within. She showed as if listening to it made no difference to her but deep inside she was hurt. When they reached their room, she was thinking about what was her relation with Shiqing.

She remembered all the good moments that they shared together. She was blushing by remembering her first kiss which happened accidentally.

But what happened at night, made her believe that she was just not meant for Shiqing. She was thinking to escape again from Mei Mansion but she also knew in no time she will be caught by Shiqing 's army, so she decided it's better to avoid him as more as possible.

The next day, she washed up early in the morning before Shiqing could wake up. Though they never share the same bed but still Shiqing 's bed was exactly in front of her bedding, to avoid him, she went directly to the royal cookhouse.

There she found her maid, Quio Yun making soup for their breakfast. She said out of amazement,

"What are you doing here, so early in the morning, Xiao Wansa??"

She said, "I just thought why not learn something to cook from you, Quio Yun."

After preparing soup, Quio Yun went for serving Shiqing. She thought that Xiao Wanza would come soon on her own as she was not accompanying her at the moment.

"Where is my wife?" Shiqing asked her in a stern voice.

"My lord, last time, she was with me, cooking soup for breakfast." She said in a meek voice.

Before Shiqing could get angrier, Xiao Wanza came to tell him that she is slightly not well enough to have an appetite and asked him to have his own, saying so, she left.

After that she knew, Shiqing does not have time to stay in the mansion. He leaves for training soldiers for the army. The only time, he will be back will be late at the night. So, she was relieved that he won't be back soon as these days bandit attacks on the city were at their peak.

She always wanted to accompany him for his missions but when he himself not considers her as his close person and thinks that she would be a trouble to him rather than support, then she finally decided not to bother him anymore because of her.

She just lay on his bed and was feeling his presence and warmth. His smell made her only think of him. She slept while hugging his pillow in her embrace. It was never happening that her day starts without fighting or talking with him but now, she was feeling a little sad because things were not the same as usual.

Nevertheless, she was happy as she could at least see him every day, she felt it was far better than seeing him for never. She felt maybe Rou was already in his heart and that's why he behaved unkindly to her.

She finally got the reason why he was getting irritated with her question. She felt sad thinking of him with someone else but she cannot deny the fact he loves Rou.

Days were passing, she manages to sleep soon and leave early in the morning, making Shiqing alone for most of the time which made him become more suspicious to her.

One day, Shiqing finally decided that he will confront Xiao Wansa directly. While having breakfast with her, he ordered the servants,

"Leave us, rest my wife will take care."

A chill ran through her spine when Xiao Wanza heard him saying it. He never said that like that, what was he into, she was thinking hard for it. She thought it's better to leave early.

" My breakfast got finished. Do you need anything, Shiqing?" She asked him formally.

"Naah, I m done." He said politely with a bright smile. As soon as Xiao Wansa started to leave, she felt a stronghold that clenched her wrist. He pulled her hand towards himself which made her face directly to him. Xiao Wanza asked in loud voice,

"What are you doing Shiqing? It hurts.. Leave me."

"So, you don't have time to stay for little, it seems?" He asked deliberately.

"No Shiqing, you are getting me wrong. Leave my hand." She whined in pain.

"So, what are you doing for the past couple of days, haan?" He asked in rage.

"I'm just trying to be a contractual wife."

She said straightly to him. It blew the mind of Shiqing. He was not expecting this could be the reason for her being quiet for so many hell days. He pinned her to the main door and in no time, smashing his lips into hers in rage.

The more she resisted the badly he was losing his sanity to taste her more. He was not getting entry as she closed her lips tightly. He tightens the grip of her waist, brought her more closer from her back, and started kissing her neck passionately. He bites her neck which made her moan hard.

She gasped due to the sharp pain that she got as a result of facing his terror but before she could shout, he captured her lips and started kissing her feverously.

A drop of tear begin to flow from one eye of Xiao Wansa, it was not because he forced himself to her but because she was not the one in his heart.

She pushed him away with all force that was left within her and started moving away. Shiqing shouted in anger,

"If after living these many days with me, you could still not know what's in my heart then... I'm not going to face you again."

If you liked the chapter, make sure you show your appreciation by voting and commenting down.