ᴇᴘɪꜱᴏᴅᴇ 03:

Episode 03: Loner for A Reason

°

Description: Remembering the vow she made when she was only a child, Clara finds herself having a difficult time learning to work with other people -- including her nuisance partner, Loki -- whom she fails to trust after knowing what kind of person he is. Riddled with rage about the whole teamwork thing, she finds herself having to help him track down another dangerous version of himself, who seems to be the TVA's big threat...

______________*°´·'~¤Ω·´_____________

August 10th, 1999 -- Pasadena, California...

It was the first day of third grade for little eight-year-old Clara. Two years had already gone by after the little girl's father went missing, which only made her more susceptible to being talked about in front of the other children her age due to her excuse of him being abducted by Aliens, and whatnot. The little, frowning brunette stood outside her classroom, a sigh soon to leave her mouth as she found herself terrified of going inside. She could hear children chatting amongst themselves with other students inside as she eventually turned to see her mother standing beside her. But her mother had hardly been paying her any attention as she was too busy making sure her half-sister, Samantha, was comfortable and ready for the school day. She rolled her eyes. 

"Sammy, are you ready for your first day of second grade?" Her mother, Sharron gleefully asked her half-sister, a wide grin soon forming onto her face as she lowered herself to the girl's height. 

Her half-sister quickly nodded with certainty. "Yes, mommy I am!" 

"Awww, I love you!" Her mother cooed. She pulled her half-sister into a tight hug before releasing her and blowing her a kiss with her hand. It wasn't long before she slowly turned to Clara, only for her grin to suddenly turn into a small and uncaring smile. "Have a good day to you too, Clara." The woman only lightly patted her on the shoulder before walking away. 

"I gotta say, I'm not surprised that mom favors you and that pain in the ass of a dad of yours over me." Clara muttered under her breath, another rolling look in her eyes. "But what can I say? you're my replacement." 

"No, I am not, Clara!" Her bratty half-sister argued. "Just because you're a lonesome weirdo, doesn't mean I have to be too!" Her little sister practically stomped away from her, only causing the brunette to stare daggers at her before hesitantly deciding to go to class. 

As little Clara entered inside of her classroom, the loud chattering of students suddenly ceased. Each of the students --  alongside the math teacher -- immediately stopped what they were doing. While children were conversing with one another, and the teacher was standing in the center of the room to teach the class -- they went dead silent. Annoyed by the silence, the little brunette made her way to an empty desk in the corner and pulled out her notebook from the backpack over her shoulders, alongside a crayola crayon to begin drawing weird shapes of extraterrestrials with big, dark eyes and pointed teeth.