Chapter Four: When the Monster Claws for the Forbidden Queen

Leonardo Marce Sovrano

Standing in the foyer mirror I adjusted the diamond cufflinks holding the sleeves of the crisp open button-up shirt together. My lips rolled together as I made sure that nothing was out of place. Everything had to look damningly good: Not that it took too much.

I found myself laughing at my own thoughts lightly until the voices from around the corner floated into the room causing me to break out in a smile at the fuss coming my way.

"Bino why is your shirt unbutton so low? What are you? One of these little two dollar hussies on the banks of the canal! What is wrong with you?" My colorful and lively Nonna who I referred to lovingly as Gia, shot off as she came into the room to see me. Papa strolled in behind her pinching the bridge of his nose.

"Nina, leave him alone! He's a grown man!"

"Who's dressed like an overgrown hussy!" She snapped at him as I stood trying my damndest not the laugh, but as that last attack on my outfit came at me I hunched over in laughter with my hands securely tucked themselves into my pockets.

"You are something else, lady," I breathed out, and she swatted my arm.

"Your fucking outfit is something else!" She replied rolling her eyes. Still, she leaned up and gave me an enduring kiss on my cheek as she made sure not a piece of cloth on me was out of place. "You're so lucky you're as damn handsome as you are or else I'd kill you myself," She sneakily slid out at me and I scoffed.

"You won't dare. You love me too much," I grinned before leaning down and kissing her cheek adoringly.

"Leonardo," Papa called.

"Yes, sir?"

"Be on your best behavior tonight, son. I mean it."

"I almost forgot that fast that I was twenty-five and not twelve," I drew ou, and Gia laughed as I felt the heat of Papa's stare, "But I'm always on my best behavior so whatever could it be that you're talking about?" I asked shifting my gaze back to him. He was glaring a hole through me as he fixed his mouth to answer.

"Sorry I'm late. I'm ready to go now," Sienna's voice rang out, and I took a breath as I tried not to lock up.

It became a failed effort once I looked up and saw the tall and ever graceful Leone Heir walk down the steps as if she was gliding on crystal waters. The long light weight white satin coat she wore trailed behind her as it hung purposefully off of her shoulders. It looked pearlescent against her gleaming brown skin, and moved like a whisper as it just barely avoided sweeping the steps with her every step. Underneath it lied a blue dress with its marbled pattern looking a blissful as the coasts blue waves with gold peaks as it clung to her every curve as she moved down each step with poignant grace in her tall white heels. Even with her coat, her figure, not at all skinny but perfectly well endowed, was obvious as it was clung to graciously by every inch of fabric on the dress. And as her hair flowed down her back and swayed with each step, she became all the more angelic while I became all the more pissed and ready for her to go back home.