Chapter Three: When the Queen Commits to the Denfense Against the Monster

Sienna Kaitlyn Leone

White.

A color that signified purity and innocence, and often characterized by the stability and calm that it encouraged from those who dawned it. It was a color that often times confused me because I loved to bask in it. It was beautiful and made my skin seem pure for the briefest amounts of time. It was almost like a mask to the world that made me appear as a sheep that simply frolicked about the road in a wondrous naivety unmarred and unknowing of the evils that otherwise stained the world.

It was for that reason that as I stood in the mirror on the center console of the glamorous fashion house, that I was in deep thought and disarray. On one hand, I had been counting down the hours, hell the seconds, until I got to see this dress begin to come to life. With the Capo ceremony mere weeks away, I was going through the motions of final fittings with a frequented routine, and it was quite the simple one: Show up, try on the dress, assess the progress being made, take note of what other changes were left to fix, then look in the mirror and let my mind stain the pure snowy canvas with the blood of those as marred as the monster.

Blood seeped from the lines of the dress and out onto where my skin showed. Streams of it dripped in the most continuous and connecting lines down my arms, staining my collar from where it flowed from incisions on my neck, and pooled angrily in the center of my chest where the most unforgiving stain poured profusely like the thinnest running waters.

"Ci-Ci turn to the side so I can make sure this slit is lining up," Nanni's voice broke through, and I blinked harshly.

The blood was gone. No longer did a burning red hole lie in the center running rapid down the rest of my dress. Everything was pure. I was powerful, and the white now represented the divinity of my being and creation at this fragment in time.

My ascension was heavenly divinity, and I am more than the monster, I recited to myself.

I smiled as I did as told examining the make of the dress as it finally came together under my baby's dutiful eye. I smiled as I watched her work.

"You are a perfectionist if I've ever seen one. Didn't we measure this out last week?" I asked her and she tisked at me dissatisfied with my line of questioning.

"That was last week. You only get one Capo ascension ceremony Sienna Kaitlyn, and when we run these pictures back to our family in the future nobody is going to think to discredit the work I put in on this dress," She stated with a determined passion as she articulated every word with purpose in an earnest Italian.

"Yes, please make this about you," I drawled, and when I looked down she smirked at me before I felt the prickle of the pin making me gasp, "Nanni Elisha! You are so done hanging around Angelina," I reprimanded.

"The entire week of festivities is all about you. You're absolutely right I'm making this dress about me! I sketched, designed, and did all of this to a tee. It will be perfection, and everyone will know that I did it. I'll take that slight," She giggled making me follow suit.