Chapter Two: When the Monster Chases the Capturer of His Mind

Leonardo Marcé Sovrano

The most malicious of monsters of the world's folklores never sought to bring about radicalized change or an anarchical solution for world peace. They never strived for a merely simple level of destruction that never met the lines of sheer devastation. The true monsters or devastation ans vile intent made of the most distinct inklings of evil and ill-will only sought for the affinity to be more grotesque with each and every action. In each marring of a victim they sought to make themselves more damned than the assault prior.

Monsters, devout and evil, never changed. They never willed themselves to anything or for anything. It was why I loved them. The monsters that plagued the nightmares of children were what encouraged my own wrath.

Their stories carried over for generations. They took on different names and reiterations across time and space in different places of the world but what never wavered was the fear to be invoked by their name. The mental pricklings of pain that rushed to the surface at the description of their hauntings. Those stories fulled my angst against the world at large.

A world that had brought me nothing but black smog colored clouds and the most blistering damnations. A world that I wanted to make crumble beneath my hands until it felt the pain it unabashedly brought onto me until it squeezed the humanistic plights that once weighed me down out of my cognitive and left before it the dwellings of its most indestructible and insufferable monster.

Quicker. Harder. Faster. Was all that echoed in my head as I fought valiantly against my opponent. Everything was in a tunnel vision of my threats marred in a pretentious varient of glaring red. I wanted it to be real, so I fought harder as I jumped back from the frail advance and kicked at his face sending him to the floor as I watched the shift in his jaw as he fell out of the frame of my focus. As one fell beneath me another appeared and I barred my teeth in anxious enjoyment as he powered to me ready to avenge his fallen brethren not at all realizing that his fate was destined to be one and the same.

My fist connected hard and swiftly at him as he was forced to endure my unforgiving punches. I upheld the unwavering sure smirk on my face as I moved calculatingly around the flimsy mat that lay atop the unforgiving cold concrete. He was sending a flurry of combinations mixed with surprises to throw off my timing. Everything was moving in a fast paced blur, but the blur seemed like normality to me because that is simply how my life was. I couldn't be shaken up by what I considered normal in my fluid dystopia in which I was destined to conquer and rule. He shifted quickly left, but instead of switching weight to hit right, I saw him prepare to switch his pattern to swing left at me again. Keeping neutral I anticipated his hit and when it came I grappled his arm effectively rendering him to me as I smirked before flipping him on to the ground.

"Much better use of time, Leo. Careful now he's on the floor," My grandfathers voice rang out steadily behind me. Glaring I took his words internally and beat the man beneath me who went to strike at my legs. Swiftly moving I rolled down onto the ground with him and locking him over.