Chapter Four: The Feast

Princess Aleah's pov

It was around evening time and the and the villagers were starting to arrive. One by one they entered the Great Hall. I kept looking at each one,waiting for Liam.

Before I knew it the feast had begun.

Mother started her speech"I would like to thank you all for coming here. I gathered you here because the Knights have returned."

The crowd started to cheer. Mother was smiling.

"They tried their best to slavey Dragon. But were unsuccessful."

Everyone fell silent.

"They damaged the dragon enough so it won't be able to invade they village." She said."So I would like to hold a toast. And honor the knights for their bravery."

She raised her glass and everyone raised theirs. Together we all cheered.

Mother took her seat and the peasants started bringing the food out.

I looked amongst the crowd in search for Liam. I found him seated between four other boys. They looked to be the same age.

"Possibly they are his friends."I thought," Or even brothers."

My food was brought before me and I saw we are having steak along with potatoes. I almost forgot the glorious vegetables and chicken.

It doesn't seem like a feast but we are not able to get much food, Even royalty can't get much food.

Daisy and Bell would not stop complaining about it.

They are a bit greedy I suspect.

~

Finally the feast was over and the villagers are now mingling among themselves.

I took this is an opportunity.

I got off of my throat and headed into the crowd.

Finally caught Liam and those four boys talking in a circle. I stepped from beside him and cleared my throat and he spun around.

"Why hello there princess"The boys greeted me."May we assist you in anyway?"

"No no I just came to see Liam."I told them.

"How may I assist you Princess?" Liam asked.

"I just dropped by to see how you were doing."I told him."Are these your friends?"

"No they are my brothers." Liam answered.

"I was a pleasure to meet you all!" I said happily.

"A pleasure to meet you too princess." said the blonde one as he bowed.

"What are your names?" I inquired.

"My name is Harry." said the boy with really curly hair.

"My name is Zayn." Said a boy with dark,black,hair.

"My name is Niall."Said the blonde one.

"And my name is Louis." Said the boy with blue eyes. His voice was a bit squeaky,more high pitched I should say.

"And obviously I am Liam." Said Liam.

I giggled."Of course I know that your Liam."

"We'll I better get going." I said," I don't want mother to worry. May you all be blessed with good luck." I walked away.

Liam's Pov

"Wow Liam." Harry said," getting pretty close to the Princess are we now?"

"Oh Harry it's not like that," I insisted," every time I am around her she talks to me or has to make eye contact. But we could never be together its the royal law."

"Screw the law you should get together." Louis said. Of course Louis would say that,he's always getting into trouble with the guards.

"No Louis." I said sternly,"I will not break the law and I don't have a chance with her. She's royalty she is required to marry someone else of royalty."

"Yes but remember if the Princess choses she can marry someone else."Niall said

"Whatever lets go before mother starts to fret." I told them.

Did I have a chance?

A/N: please leave some feedback. It's kindly appreciated