Chapter three: Un-Wanted

Princess Aleah's pov

I ran back to the castle as fast as I could. When I was stopped by the Sire." My dear Princess,"He bowed," where is thy headed too?"

"I am off to my mother." I said happily.

"She is in the great hall." The Sire informed me," but she may be giving a speech and I think she may be having a feast later."

"Oh yes I know Sire." I said as I sped off.

I finally reached the doors to the entrance of the great hall. I flung them open with all my might. As I opened them I realized mother was giving a speech.

She stopped speaking." Is everything all right dear?" She asked me.

"Oh....,"I was a bit embarrassed," yes I was just coming to watch you."I took a seat at the end of the table,

"Ok then I shall continue."Mother continued with her speech but I really wasn't paying attention, all I could think about was Liam. Little did I know was that mother was just finishing up.

Once she finished and the knights were dismissed she took a seat next to me.

"You came here to talk to me didn't you?" She said,slightly amused.

"Yes,"I responded as my cheeks turned a light crimson,"I kind of did."

"We'll speak child." She laughed

"There was a boy,"I began.

"Ooh." She cooed. I blushed even harder.

"His name is Liam. He lives in the village."

"Stop right there young lady." My mother ordered,obviously a bit angry,"I will not have my daughter,whom is part of royalty,seeing a child that is poor."

I was shocked at her words." Mother you can't say that."I said through gritted teeth,trying not to lose my temper,"he is a sweet boy and we only greeted each other."

"We'll you are not allowed to see him and that's final!" She bellowed as she got up and stormed off.

"Wow,"I thought to myself,"mother never loses her temper."

Maybe I just need to sleep on it. After all there will be a feast later,so I must get some beauty rest.

~~~

I woke up to a pounding on my door." Aleah get off your lazy bottom and get ready! The fest is in half an hour."

Oh my word. I must have took a longer nap then expected. I quickly darted out of bed and put on my finest gown. I walked down the stairs of my tower and headed towards the dining hall. I entered and was happy to see only mother,my sisters and the peasants there.

I took a seat on the throne to the left of my mother.

"Will people from the town be coming?"Daisy asked mother.

"Yes people will be."mother answered her.

I was so happy I could slay a whole dragon! Liam would be here. I could talk to him again.

"What did the knights do on the quest?" Bella asked.

"There was a dangerous dragon up on the mountain that needed to be slayed."mother said,"but the knights didn't succeed. They wounded it bad enough so it couldn't attack the village but it wasn't killed."

"Then we shouldn't be giving them a feast!" Daisy yelled.

"They did the best they could!" Mother snapped." Now one more negative comment and I will send you to your tower!"

Mother was on edge. I didn't know why she was so angry today.