25

Kendric Aziel

I never expected to propose to a girl I met a garden but hey, she's the most beautiful girl my eyes had ever landed on.

I'm currently at the cemetery where my darling's parents were buried.

"Ma'am, sir. I know I wasn't the best shot for your daughter before but I promise to take care of her. I'm planning to propose to her and I'm asking for your permission. Well, I can't really but I'll pretend that I got your consent" I looked at their tombstone and kneeled a little.

"I promise to take care of your daughter. Rest in peace" I said stood up and bowed a little for respect.

I've been busy this month since I had to plan out how I would keep this secret to her. I had to call the ones who need to arrange the flower arrangements, candles, and shits.

I already picked the venue, since they plan to go to Baguio. I need to talk to my brother.

"Busy? Meet me at the bar" I asked on the phone with my brother

He ended the call and I went straight to the bar. I sat on the stool beside him as I saw him.

"You decided to finally show up again. How was the 10-year trip?" I asked him

"Atleast I'm back. Be glad" 10 years I lived without an older brother.

"Visit Kendra sometimes, she misses you. Probably doesn't even remember your face now" I said and drank a shot of vodka.

"I'm proposing to Chantel next month. I know you can keep secrets" he looked at me

"Congrats, man," He said, and man-hugged me.

"Atleast be there. Just this one" I told him and he nodded.

"I'll go now" I stood up drinking another shot

"Call me if you need help," he said not looking at me

"I will, thanks bro" I went out of the bar to Chantel's house. I would love to stay and sleep beside her but I need to finish a few paper works.

In the morning, I decided to stop by our house to invite them.

"Hey mom, dad" I saw them eating

"Join us!" mom said but I already ate

"I'm gonna propose to Chantel and I want you guys there" I saw mom choke on her food and go to her and give her water.

"My baby's a man na" she said and looked at dad.

"Really? Magkaka-ate nako! Can I see the ring??" Kendra said while going down the stairs.

"She has to see it first before you guys, okay?" I told them.

"Kuya's probably gonna be there too." I did see Kendra roll her eyes as I told them while mom and dad looked happy.

"Gotta go, Take care mom, dad"

I specifically told the organizers to have white and pink roses since she loved those. I did visit their office for payment and contracts.

"Celeste?" I called her.

"Do you need anything?"

"I just wanna ask, is it alright if I propose to Chantel a little after a few days of your birthday?" I asked

"Sure.. wait what? propose? goddamn finally." she said and said a few words about treating Chantel right until she ended the call.

I and Chantel were in the car and she was sleeping. I stayed in the car as she was sleeping when we arrived to watch her and wait for her to wake up.