4

She was as sweet as honey, as pure as water, as happy as a lark, but she was no more. Just like a day goes by, welcoming the night; the night of her life came too soon but never left. People in love call their partners as their world. She called him too. But she never thought that if he goes then her world will also be gone. She felt herself wrapped around strangers, mocking at her, telling her that she had no one. She herself told her the same thing. She lost someone who promised her a companionship till eternity and she lost someone who was her flesh and blood. Her own. Someone who would be born from her whom she could call hers and no amount of words could tell her otherwise. She lost her child before she could enjoy his presence in her womb.

No one could imagine the pain of getting assaulted sexually and specially when it comes from a person who happened to be your friend and a husband hits differently. She asked for just a little time, not a forever. She had been left in the admist of a beautiful life, she deserved at least that.

Sitting inside her new room at Cabir's place, Nandini looked outside the window hearing the chirping of birds. She was focused to find the voice of her child that she could never listen. She yearned for it like she had been with her baby for years. She imagined him or her calling her out, laughing, playing and what not with vague images. She could feel it all real. She had been like this for 15 days, lost in her own world, sleeping just because of the effect of pills, her migraine hitting her every night. Manik tried several ways to talk to her but in vain. Cabir respected how she agreed to live with him, so asked Manik to stay away if he wanted her to recover. Cabir knew that Manik and Nandini both of them wanted each other in this difficult time but Nandini's situation was worst. It was Manik who pushed both of them into heaps of pain but she suffered the most. She did not just lose her love but her self respect and her child. No one could imagine what she might be going through every day.

Dhruv was still imprisoned in the basement of Manik's farmhouse deprived of any ventilation, held amongst iron chains and kept alive with a little food. Manik had no idea what he would do to him. He wanted Nandini to punish him but he did not want her to come in front of him too. Looking at his once a best friend Manik could only question himself that how he could not see his this side. How could he do that to Nandini. He claimed to love her. Everyone else was equally shocked to find out such bitter truth. Mukti had immediately rushed to Nandini, apologising for not understanding her being a girl and from Dhruv's side, promising her that he will get what he deserved. The response she got was her silence only. Alya on the other hand could not manage with the truth of Nandini being love of Manik's life but being a woman, she could only imagine Nandini's pain. She did not go to her but then she did not support Dhruv too. Fab Five was broken. One of them turned out to be an animal. Fab Five were known as the most dreaded group of friends but they would never play with someone's self respect. It was against humanity. It was an instinct of an animal.

Manik had completely forgotten to sleep, shave, dress and  everything. Everything he could ever remember was her pale face and he would gulp down bottles of alcohol, staying awake and cursing himself. His permanent residence had become in his car in front of Cabir's house. Looking at the building from afar and not going inside to not hurt her more. He was ready to wait for her even if it costs him his life. But this time he would not leave her, not even when she tells him. He was gonna bring her back to him, his Nandini.

Manik saw the main door opening and sat straight to find his love and Cabir stepping out. She was needed at the hospital for check up. Manik remembered every detail about her, calling Cabir every few minutes and reminding him of her medicines, meals and what not. Cabir and Nandini got settled inside the car and drove away with Manik following them. Manik was never so much thankful to Cabir as he was then. He had cried in front of him thanking him for taking care of her.