Prologue

"We are over." He had said despite looking into her watery eyes which had always melted him. He himself was crying inside, his heart broke telling her something that was a total lie.

"I don't believe you." She replied sobbing. How could she ? He was someone whom she knew inside out. She could easily look into his eyes and tell what he must be thinking.

"Suit yourself, Nandini. I cannot take this anymore." Before, the way her name would roll out of his tongue would make her feel goosebumps and excited but today she felt wrath that she always saw in him for everyone but her. "I am ending every relationship with you. Either you accept it or not." Her Manik could never talk to her like that. He could never look past her teary eyes and not just engulf her into his arms. What happened suddenly ? This question was never answered.

"Don't do this to us, Manik." She almost begged him crying as he showed no mercy. He too had tears in his eyes and he continued to look everywhere but at her. "Don't you love me anymore, don't you want me ?" Her each word broke him. How they ended up like this ?

"I don't !! " He said out loud. More like preparing himself for it. He had to do it.

"Don't Manik. Please !! You mean everything to me." Her wish used to be his command. How did he turn so cold hearted ? What was the reason? She stood there begging for him to not leave her. Yet he was adamant. Today her tears could not stop him. Her sobs turned louder yet he did not listen to her.

Not being able to stand everything he moved out, leaving her to go through all the pain herself. He was her protector, her love, her everything but he betrayed her. He left her in between. He left her hand forever. She stood their looking at his retreaving figure. Her Manik wasn't so heartless for her. He would do anything just to see her happy. She saw how he controlled himself. He was lying. Whatever he said was a lie but why ? This single question made her question her existance. Was she a no one to him ? He did not bother to give her a reason. Did he actually never love her ??

.

.

.

.

.

Peep in to know more. Grap your tissue boxes as it is going to be an emotional ride. Happy reading lovely people..!!

Love,

Humna.