5

Monsoon had set in Mumbai; rains, clouds and thunders were regular. It had brought pleasure to a lot and sorrow to others. While for Nandini and Manik, these rains were like a clearance to all the miseries they suffered in the past few days. Manik did not waste a single second to shift her to his mansion the same day. He had been extra caring towards her. His room was now theirs, something he had wanted since so long. Nandini wasn't herself completely, she wasn't the same lively being but she was recovering. She was talking about her pain, about what she went through, it ripped Manik's heart everytime he head her but he never stopped her. She used to look into nowhere as she told her only saviour about what she went through.

"He took my phone that day when you found me on the road. He acused me of talking to my ex boyfriend. I never thought he would punish me for loving someone." She had told him yesterday. He had every word of her written on his heart. He never let her pain leave his mind.

"I tried to run away, but he threatened to kill me." She told him without any emotions. Manik was alert on hearing her. He knew how much she hated dying, she dreaded leaving her loved ones back.

"No one can ever touch you. I won't let you die." He had told her. He could not control the fate but he would do everything possible to protect her. He just wanted her to feel secure and to trust him again.

"When I saw you the next day after wedding, I wanted you to know everything but I could not tell you. How could I? I thought you would trust him. You wanted me to marry him, how could I not do what you asked me to do." She told him blankly while he was putting her to sleep the night before yesterday. His fingers which were ruffling her hair stopped in mid as he remembered how restless he was back then and an idiot too.

"Nandini, you were never an option for me. You were and are a choice and priority to me. I could never distrust you even if it comes to someone from my friends. I have known you for less time then them but I have loved you truly, I have always considered you a part of me. You are not separate from me. It is not you or me, it is us." Everytime he was ready with a whole lot of explanations just to make her feel good. He was as polite as ever, treating her delicately and with love.

Nandini was in the balcony sitting on a relaxing chair and sipping onto hot chocolate in the windy weather. She wasn't numb like before. She wasn't too engrosed into her thoughts anymore, she would just like to sit in solitude enjoying the silence.

"Hey baby..!!" She looked back to find Manik walking towards her with a file in his hand. He seemed happy and realxed. He was out for some work as told by him and was back as early as possible.

"How are you..!?" He asked as he side hugged her, kissing her temple and the sitting on the chair beside her.

"Fine, you. ?" She asked him giving him a small smile to match his liveliness.

"I am perfect since I have seen you now." He said making her smile at his comments which have become a routine. "I have brought something for you." He said turning serious and nervous. Nervous that she might react in some other way.

She gave him a look, enough for him to tell her whatever the case was. He handed her the file.

"These are divorce papers." Nandini's hand stopped before she could turn the page. Divorce meant something related to Dhruv and it sent chill down her spine. Manik took the papers and mug from her hand keeping them aside, held her both hands in his strong grip.

"Nandini, you need to let yourself free. I know that it is difficult to remember whatever happened but we are doing it so that it leaves you for once and for all. Sign them and tell yourself that you are stronger than before. And then, I am always here." He assured her. She did not know what to do. It was what she wanted but then thinking about Dhruv fears her to the core.