time

It's been two weeks since they'd gotten home from Kenma's parents' house.

The girl ended up canceling on the date as soon as Kuroo had gotten ready for it that Saturday night, which in turn, caused him to call Kenma and insist on taking him out instead. And despite feeling a sick contentment in Kuroo not going on that fake date, he still tried his best to stay home for the night instead of being excited about the opportunity.

He hadn't been in the mood to go out any more than he usually does, but Kuroo's voice was enough to make him want to get off of his computer and go somewhere fun with him, and Kuroo was usually one to keep at something until he got what he wanted, so Kenma couldn't stay home after all.

They ended up at a small music venue beside Kuroo's university that was known for giving couple's discounts and anniversary freebies for the hour after 7pm, and Kuroo kissed him while the lights drenched them in violets, just in case, and Kenma ran above the clouds that housed blue fireworks and made his head cling to the stars.

It seems Kuroo liked to send him to space more than he was okay with.

Kenma did not intend to spend so much time thinking of Kuroo, nor did he intend on reminiscing about the holidays or their impromptu dates that followed whenever he was alone. He did not intend to spend so much time on the phone with him once the night urged them to bed, or waking up to a pixelated image of him still sleeping on the other end. He did not intend to have his name at the tip of his tongue, ready to speak of every exciting instance with him (and it didn't help that Hinata was even nosier when it came to Kuroo, instigating rants and then making him want to disintegrate when he catches himself rambling).

It was strange, and it was bad enough that he was doing a very bad job ignoring it.

Kenma was never a big fan of the feeling of falling, waking up abruptly from dreams and dreading rollercoasters with too big of a drop, not wanting to face the plunge. He never planned on going skydiving or taking rides in hot air balloons, and he avoided airplanes at all costs because of the turbulence.

But he's decided that with Kuroo, he didn't mind the fall so much.

He decided to spend less time repairing the cracks in his walls, to let a little more sunlight in while it was still out.