Ch. 2

• Dedicated to Rachel Domzalski

Ch. 2: At the Hoxton

As I made my way off the plane, I checked my phone to see if Reilly'd responded to the reply I'd texted her.

My head is KILLING me!

I guess we're both dead

now, huh? Anyway...

Call me when you can!

Hugz! <3<3

-Reilly

I laughed softly and replied, then dropped my phone back in my coat pocket. I was wearing black skinny jeans, navy Vans, a navy and cream stripe sweater with a cream cami underneath, a black scarf, a cream beanie, and a thick red peacoat.

All of a sudden, my urge for coffee returned, and I hurried in the direction of the closest airport Starbucks. At the stand, I ordered a vanilla latte and a blueberry muffin. I dropped some change into the tip jar, and scurried off to the baggage claim.

Waiting for my luggage to come out was grueling, and I sipped at my latte. I had already scarfed down my muffin. Eating fast, and/or a lot, was not normal for me. It only ever happened when I was hungover.

Eventually my bright orange suitcase came out on the conveyor belt, and I snatched it up quickly.

Dragging my bag along behind me, I walked outside. It was sunny out, with a few greyish clouds speckling the sky, and was about sixty-five degrees. Fahrenheit, that is. In Celsius, I hadn't a clue.

I whipped out my phone and called a car to pick me up. I needed to get to the Hoxton hotel, which was very close to the city.

When the car arrived, I stifled a giddy giggle at the simple fact of the drivers seat being on the opposite side. Driving along, I oohed and aahed at just about everything.

As we got closer to the city, traffic got pretty bad. Just like home.

I got to my hotel around four thirty, and was completely exhausted. I could never sleep during flights, and was already tired from the night before, so I collapsed into my hotel bed.

My room was small, with one double bed, and a teeny bathroom, but it was cozy. And the view from my window was gorgeous.

After a relaxing nap, I decided to call Reilly.

"Ello, my European-traveller!" She said, sounding like she was over her hangover.

"What a great way to answer the phone." I replied, chuckling.

"Oh, I know. So, have you met any cute British guys?" I was laying on my stomach on the bed, twirling my hair, snorting at Reilly's question.

"Ha! No. I haven't even left my hotel room yet. I was exhausted." I heard Reilly gasp.

"Girl, not everyone gets to run rampant in Europe for eight months, you gotta use every moment!"

"Yeah, I know. I'm gonna explore the hotel tonight, and really get going tomorrow."

"You better! Anyway, I gotta go. Jesse's raiding my fridge. I'll call you Tuesday."

"Okay, sounds good. Bye."

"Have fun!"

The line clicked dead. She was right, I knew. I needed to use every second.

I got up and went out into the hotel. The halls had wooden flooring, and exposed brick walls. The whole place had a very urban, modern, loft-like feel. There was a bar, which I was welcome to use since the legal drinking age in England was eighteen, and a small restaurant. I liked the hotel, but there wasn't anything in particular that stood out.

Not in the mood to drink, and not very hungry, I headed back to my room.

As I was walking down the hall to my room I overheard a housekeeping women chattering on the phone.

"-really, no joke, One Direction is staying here... Yes, mom, I'm sure... No, I'm not kidding! They are! Seriously..." She didn't notice me as I slipped passed her, but I couldn't believe what I'd just heard. One Direction was staying somewhere in the very hotel I was staying at. My first day, and I was already hotel-neighbors with celebrities.