Chapter 10

_________________________________

Reign White
___________________

"I hope someone eats your leftovers in the fridge that you've been thinking about all day."

"I hope Netflix never loads for you."

"I hope you get a paper cut."

"I hope you bang your toe on every furniture." Adrian replied, as Caden gasped.

River and Ethan groaned. "I hope you guys shut up." Ethan grumbled.

Caden looked at him and grinned, "I was going to do just that, but then you told me to, so..." He smirked as Adrian snickered.

"Are you always such a smartass?" River asked him.

Caden tapped his finger on his chin, then looked at River with a serious expression.

"No, sometimes I am asleep." He replied, as River facepalmed and Ethan buried his head in his hands. I smiled, and continued reading.

They continued bickering, as Creed entered a few minutes later.

"Guys, come on, everyone's here." I heard shuffling of feet as the others stood up to leave, and Creed looked at me.

"Reign, are —" He said, as I held up a finger, interrupting him to stop. I finished reading the last paragraph, then looked back at him."— come on, dinner's ready." He said as I kept down my book and followed him downstairs.

In the living room, almost 8 newcomers stood surrounding the centre table, Xavier standing beside Houston.

"Reign, River, this is your granduncle, Houston." Nicholas started, as Houston stepped forward and held up his hand. "Houston." I said, shaking his hand.