CHAPTER IX

Chapter IX: Happiness

Angelique is still in awe, terrified by what is happening. First, her birthday. And then the picnic with Nathan. Even the video she vividly watched before, happened yesterday! Her dreams kept happening. Her head was about to burst due to overthinking. She doesn't know if she should tell anyone about this. Or should she consult some albularyo or paranormal something?

(AN: Albularyo are people who cure people through paranormal means. It is an old culture in the Philippines.)

If I am to tell anyone, will anyone believe me? I can't even believe myself. How can they?

But she doesn't dream anymore. She wants to know more. It feels like there's still something she doesn't remember! And it pisses her off, really, as always.

She always tries to sleep to dream more, but she can't and still can't.

*beep*

One unread message from Nathan.

Nathan: Pack your stuff. We'll be going to the beach tomorrow.

Angel: Huh? Why all of a sudden?

Nathan: Summer will end soon, so...

"Ate!" Liyanne called out from outside her door while knocking.

"What do you need?" Angel asked when she opened the door.

"Mom told me to pack our things. We'll be going to the resthouse tomorrow. "

"Why?"

"Dunno. Mom and Dad told me to inform you." 

Planning for days is not really a thing in this household. If they feel like it, they will go at the last minute. Their mom must have read or watched a travelogue again, that's why. Angelique thought.

"Oh, by the way, I'll be in my room. I have a lot of clothes to pack up. "

Angelique also just packed her baggage for 2 days, then slept.

The next day, as expected, Liyanne bombed the house with her voice. It was a vacation, so she was early. Not like in school, she is always late. 

"Good morning, pretty," Nathan greeted her. He was wearing a light blue v-neck shirt. That simple outfit makes him look much better, to Angelique, at least.

"Hey.." She greeted me back. He was sitting at the back again and she felt like she should join him there, so she did. Even though she has hated the location ever since.

"Why are you so quiet?" he asked in the middle of the ride. Nobody else is talking. Nathan and Angelique looked like idiots whispering into each other just to not be heard. 

"I am always quiet," Angelique answered, whispering.

But honestly? She's still preoccupied with this deja vu she's having.

"If you say so..." Angel didn't answer. She's too lazy and sleepy to talk. "Sleepy?" he asked, not a minute had passed.

"Little bit." She looked at him. He grabbed a small pillow from wherever it was and placed it on his lap.

"Sleep on my lap."

"No, thanks. I can manage,"Angelique declined. But Nathan was so extra clingy today that she had to accept the offer.

Never mind. This is much better than the dizziness.

*

"Are you on your way?" Angelique asked over the phone.