CHAPTER IV

Chapter 4: The Date

"Ate?" Liyanne came knocking on her sister's door.

"What?!" Angelique is currently overly sensitive. By the sound of her voice, she can't hide her rage.

"Don't be upset with me. Can you let me in?"

"Hm..." she just murmured, signifying a yes.

"Are you feeling better now?" she asked as soon as she entered the room.

"I was fine before, but after what Dad said, I think I'm really stressed out," Angel said as she rearrange her bookshelves.

"I'm sorry, ate. The truth is that Dad planned it a long time ago, but he has been thoughtful since what happened to you," Yanne began to explain.

Angelique admires how her sister is constantly trying to fix things, not just for herself, but for the entire family. She's always been that way,even when their parents despised Angel for what happened to Liam. In difficult times, she was by her side.

"What exactly do you mean?" Angel inquired.

"I was going to tell you about it, but I can't find the right time. He asked if I wanted to date Nathan. But I refused and said I'd talk to you about it first."

Angelique finished up what she's doing before taking a seat in front of her sister.  She sighed before beginning. "It's not that I'm opposed to it. Maybe I'm just surprised that he's sticking with the plan. I was actually aware of it before."

Angelique overheard him conversing with her mother at some point, probably before the incident.

"Even I have no idea, to be honest. But, I believe you and Nathan will make a cute couple." Liyanne's true self is beginning to emerge. Everyone adores that bubbly personality of hers.

"Is that some kind of joke?"

"Let's face it, ate! Is it predetermined? You went to the place where he is, out of all the places you could go. He even delivered you from the clutches of Satan."

"I'm grateful for that coincidence, as well as the fact that he saved me. I wouldn't be here if it weren't for him. I'd die if I didn't mend my relationship with my parents."

"That's what I'm referring to. You were meant to be together. After all, you'll only be dating for a short time before making an engagement announcement. I don't believe the wedding will be held too soon."

"How can you say such a thing?"

"I had previously inquired of them. I'm not going into this tiger's den unless I have good news to bring with me. You're going to spit fire on me."

"No, I'm not going to."

Angelique examined herself closely in the full-length mirror.

Because of what Liyanne said before she left earlier, she was forced to take a bath and dress up early "And, by the way, take care of yourself. You've got a date."

Angelique put on a long-sleeved off-the-shoulder dress. Cream color and a bit long. She also wore matching sandals, grabbed her pouch, and was ready to go.

Nathan is waiting for her in the living room. Mr Ferrer isn't there with him,  probably gone to work. Liyanne? Who knows where she is, but she's probably with her friends.