Ch. 7

TW: Minor panic attack

You headed for your room wanting to bathe yourself and relax. Philza followed you until you whirled on him and said, "Are you planning to take a bath with me?" Philza reddened and rubbed the back of his neck. You continued your path and shook your head. You didn't get a chance to enter your room before your father came up to you.

"(Y/n), your mother and I agreed to host a ball for your engagement and the alliance of our two kingdoms." He looked down at you in a judging manner.

"When is it, father?" You sighed. Your father always knew how to make these things happen.

"Tonight," he commented nonchalantly. You smiled thinly and nodded. Thoughts crept into your head. He's testing you. He doesn't think you can pull the ball off. He knows you hate attention. He's doing it on purpose. Hide and don't show up. Run away from this place and you'll be free from this marriage. He wants to see you crushed. He know-

"JUST SHUT UP ALREADY." You shouted. Your voice echoed down the hallway. Looking both ways for people, you quickly ran into your room and slammed the door shut. You leaned against the door and slid down to the floor. You attempted restraining a sob, but your thoughts returned to the ball and you burst into tears. You brought your knees to your chest and buried your head in them. Your shoulders shuddered from the wracking sobs as your head began to feel dizzy. You could hear the door open and people enter. You felt someone pulling you into an embrace. Your vision started to clear to see Philza rocking you back and forth, and Minx to be standing close by with a concerned look.

"Match my breath, love," Philza whispered. His chest rose and fell in a calm pace. You began to slowly calm down. You heard Minx slip out of the room and Philza move his wings to surround you. "Do you want to tell me what's wrong?" His voice was laced with care. You only shook your head and held on to him. Philza rubbed your back in a soothing way. The two of you stayed that way for a while before you spoke up.

"Do you know about the ball?" Your voice was all wobbly and quiet.

"I just found out...Is that why you're upset?" He inquired. You nodded.

"My father is doing this to me on purpose. He ke-" You choked on you words as tears began to well up in your eyes.

"Shhhh! I understand. Don't worry I won't leave you." Philza whispered in your ear. You could feel butterflies lift in your stomach.

"Oh great! I'm going to be stuck with a charming caring blackmailing man," you joked. Philza chuckled.

"You forgot handsome," He smirked.

"Oh! Woe is me! How could I ever do such a thing?" You dramatically said. Philza nuzzled your hair in affection. You felt heat rise up your neck and face.

"You're blushing," Philza commented.

"Oh shut up," you tried to hide it. Philza slowly picked you up and walked over to your bed. He gently placed you on your covers and sat down beside you. An awkward silence passed between you.

"Well, I should probably go," Philza took your hand and squeezed it with affection. You took a breath and nodded. Philza strode to your door with you trailing behind him.

"Philza?" He turned around and glanced at you with confusion. "Thank you." You stood on your tippy toes and placed a gentle kiss on Philza's cheek. His face flushed with a pink tint as he rubbed the back of his neck. You watched Philza walk down the hall before you closed your door.