She's Everything

context: fem!reader x hotch at a country concert

"Come on, you'd look so good in a cowboy hat. Please Aaron? For me?" You're straddling your boyfriend's lap after dinner on a Wednesday night begging him to go with you to a Brad Paisley concert.

"Y/n..." He groans, exasperated. You'd been begging for days now and he was starting to break.
"Please? He's my favorite country artist and I won free tickets. I want to be there with the man I love. Unless you just want me to go alone, I mean he is single, and the tickets are pretty close so I could just bring a poster with my number on it and-"

He cuts you off, his face settled into a frown. "What time should I pick you up?"

"The concert starts at 8 so how about 6:45? We can get tacos on the way."

"Why do you always want to eat meals in my car?" He's resign because he knows he'll give you what you want, he always does.

"Because I'm young and adventurous, gotta keep my old man on his toes."

_____

You haven't stopped telling Aaron how good he looks in a cowboy hat when the lights dim and the entire venue is filled with screaming and whooping. The seats you have are pretty close, you're only a few rows back from the stage and you can feel your heart beating strongly in your chest.

"I'm never wearing this again by the way." He grumbles in your ear. Usually you'd have some witty comeback or snide remark when he got sassy with you like that but then the stage is lit up and Brad Paisley is less than 40 feet away from you and all the coherent thoughts in your brain no longer exist.

Though it isn't something he'd ever do alone, he's having a great time because you are. He watches you primarily, as you swing your hips to the beat, your hands up in the air, singing the lyrics to everything at the top of your lungs. After a few upbeat songs that he doesn't know, the first few notes of a slow song plays.

"Its a love song." You say timidly, and he just smiles, wrapping his arms around your waist and pulling you to his chest.

She's a yellow pair of running shoes, a holey pair of jeans.

At one particular part of the song, Hotch tightens his hold on you and places a sweet kiss on your neck and then right under your ear. The words resonate with him deeply and he has a strong urge to tie himself to you in every way possible. But were either of you ready for that?

Every day that passes, I only love her more.
Yeah, she's the one that I'd lay down my own life for.

You turn around to look at him, reading some apprehension in his eyes. "I love you so much." You whisper into his ear, hoping to wipe away whatever was bothering him.

"I love you too, honey." He presses a few kisses to your lips before he moves his head towards the stage, gesturing for you to watch.

It's enough to distract you, enough for you to let go until the concert is over. The two of you are walking back to his car, his arm wrapped around with you as you nuzzle into his side. You can feel that he's tense but you know he'll talk about it when he's ready, he always does. When you make it to his car he's about to open your door but stops, effectively blocking it but doesn't say anything.

"I know it wasn't your scene but I didn't know it was that bad." You say softly, knotting your hands together.

"What?"

"You're tense, and you have that frown on your face so I know something's bothering you. I thought we had a good time." You explain, still looking down at your fingers.