𝐈𝐈𝐈. back on track

TWO WEEKS HAVE PASSED BY ALREADY and Elowen has been nothing, but miserable. The kings haven't been well either.

They would either snap at each other or say nothing at all, which was really affecting the process of the trials. While the kings were moping, the guards started to grow worried for them, but it wasn't until one morning that Jane had enough.

She walked through the royal halls quickly, with her twin brother trailing behind her.

"Sister, are you sure this is wise?" Alec asks, unsettled by his sister's plan to get the kings back on track.

"They need to stop acting like children. They must see her." Is all Jane says before barging into the throne room, where she knew the kings would be.

The three kings looked up, not expecting Jane to enter so... Dramatically.

"Jane is everything-"

"Masters, you have twenty minutes to gather whatever you need for your flight to Colorado. The jet departs in thirty."

Jane leaves the king's no room to speak and turns to walk out of the room, the door closing loudly behind her. Alex was as stumped as the others, but with some hesitation, he turned around to go after his sister.

The kings looked at the door Jane exited through, a baffled silence surrounding the throne room.

"Did she just..." Caius is first to speak.

Marcus, who snapped out of it, rose from his throne with a smile on his lips.

"Yes, she did."

Marcus leaves the room to do as Jane had said, leaving the other to alone. Aro looks at Caius with a large smile on his face.

"It seems we have some plans made for us. Felix, Demitri?"

The two vampire arrive at their names being called.

"Yes master?" They both reply.

"You two are coming with us. Come now brother, our mate waits for us!" Aro sits up excitedly, leaving the room with Felix and Demetri behind him.

Caius, who hasn't moved an inch, slouched a bit in his chair (which was repaired shortly after his outburst). He sits alone for a while longer, his mind reeling over the possible outcomes from this horrible idea Jane came up with.

He thinks back to that day in the field. Remembering the small cry that came from Elowen when he rejected her. It made him weak. It made him hurt. He hated it.

He hated that she affected him so much and hated himself for hurting her. He knew the fact that she was part werewolf started to bother him less and less, but was still reluctant to fully accept her.

He has slaughtered most of her werewolf kind, what would she think of him after hearing that?

He shakes his head at the thought and rises to stand. He finally leaves to gather some things and for the first time in a while, he's actually nervous.

In the meantime, Marcus, who had been the first to leave, was beyond happy and thankful towards Jane. After gathering a small bag of things, he was also the first to arrive at the jet.

His thoughts consisted of Elowen. The beautiful woman he was lucky enough to call his mate. He couldn't wait to have her in his arms.

Aro was quick to follow Marcus with his own things in hand. Just like Marcus, all he could think about was Elowen. He knew he wouldn't be able to sit still in seat on the jet, but he didn't care. He was going to see his mate after two dreadful weeks.

Back at the Fosters residency, Elowen wasn't fairing too well. With her werewolf genes, the pain only grew worse and that worried her family even more.

The pain was beginning to be unbearable. It was so bad that Elowen could only lay in her bed, doing nothing but trying to make herself comfortable. Tears were constantly falling from her eyes and she grew more vocal, groaning and growling from the sharp pains in her chest.

Nyah, who had been by her side through it all, had tried everything to help, but nothing was working.

Elowen was miserable, until one day, the pain became bearable again. While Elowen was relieved, she began growing fearful of what was happening, but also a little excited. The pain lessening could only mean two things.

The third king was finally accepting her, or the three were near. The first option was most likely to her, making her feel a sense of hope.

Maybe the third king was actually trying?

Whatever was happening, Elowen was just thankful the pain had subsided to a dull ache, which left her to finally sleep. Since the pain was so bad, she barely got any sleep, so she decided to take the time to catch up on her sleep.

The whole day she did nothing but sleep, making Nyah finally relax. She checked on Elowen a couple times, but only found the girl sleeping.

It wasn't until the evening that Elowen woke up, feeling even more better than she did the morning. The pain was noticeable, but it was barely there.

"How are you feeling?"

Elowen jumped at Nyah's voice, looking over at her bedroom door to see her sister walking in. With a sigh, she rubs a hand over her face while Nyah comes closer to sit on the edge of her bed.

"Well, I'm not dead yet, so that's a good sign- ow!"

Elowen rubs the spot on her arm where Nyah slapped her,l with a pout on her lips.

"I'm serious." Nyah says.

Elowen looks at Nyah with a reassuring smile, "I'm ok. The pain is still there, but not as bad."

Nyah hummed, "Do you think it has to do with the kings?"

"It has to be." Elowen exclaims, "Either the third king is finally coming around, or they are near me and that can't be it."

Nyah nods, "Well, dinner is about done."

"Dinner?!"

Nyah chuckles, "You slept the whole day."

Nyah stood up, placing a hand on Elowens shoulder, "I'm glad you're feeling better."

Elowen smiles as Nyah leaves her room, closing the door gently behind her. After sitting in her bed for a couple more minutes, she got up. Not really caring for appearance, she walked out of her room and down to the kitchen.

Please vote and comment, your feedback is appreciated :)