𝐈𝐕. surprise guests

[Elowen's POV]

I LEFT MY ROOM FEELING REFRESHED, a small smile playing on my face as I heard the others set up in the kitchen and dining room. I walk down a couple flights of stairs and walk into the kitchen, watching Nyah move from one pan to another.

The smell of steak made my mouth begin watering and as I went to steal a bit, Nyah stopped me with a slap to my hand.

"Go sit down."

I snorted a little before walking out of the kitchen and into the dining room, where everyone was already sitting.

"She's alive!" Quincy shouts, only to receive a slap to the head.

"Will you pipe down!" Jack snapped, then looked towards me, "How are you feeling?"

I look at Jack, taking in his stoic expression, something he wears often, but I can see a bit of a smile peaking through. I smile at him and take a seat at the head of the table.

"Better."

Jack nods and looks away quickly, probably not wanting his smile to be seen.

"Hello my beauties!" Chloe shouts as she walks in with a grin on her face.

"Does anyone in this family know what an indoor voice is?" Jack mumbles, but Chloe hears him and giggles.

"Sorry Jacky." Chloe announces, taking a seat next to Jack, pinching his arm a little.

I watched as Jack rolled his eyes, but everyone knew Jack had a soft spot for Chloe.

"Auntie!" I hear a little voice shout.

I see Ridley run over and climb into my lap, making my arms go around her automatically.

"Hi sweetheart." I greet, placing a kiss on her head.

"I got a perfect score on my quiz today!" Ridley goes on as she gets off my lap to sit in her designated spot.

"Good job Ry." Quincy said, giving Ridley a high five.

Nyah comes in with the food, placing it in the middle of the table before she goes to the kitchen.

"Blood lovers, want a drink?" Nyah calls out.

"Yes!" Chloe and Quincy shout.

"I'm good." Jack replies.

Right on que, Rhett walks in.

"Yes ma'am." He says quietly, taking a seat next to Chloe.

Nyah comes back again with a tray of drinks. She sets down the blood (some animal, some human) to the vampires, before moving on to set the rest of the drinks down.

In front of me she sets down two drinks, one being blood and the other water.

"You need to gather your strength again. I want all that blood gone by the time dinner is done." Nyah orders.

I playfully saluted her, "Yes ma'am!"

She only rolls her eyes at me and sits down besides Riley.

Once everyone (well, almost everyone) has sat down and settled, we enjoyed our meals.

I take a few bites of food and a sip of blood, washing that down with water. A comfortable silence falls upon us and it isn't until I go to say something, that a few knocks are heard.

"I'll get it!" Chloe and Ridley shout, both jumping out of their chairs, running to the front door.

The flight to Colorado was long, but luckily the drive wasn't. They drove through the white covered roads, until they finally came across a large wooden house, hiding in the trees and surrounding mountains.