Prologue - memories

Camilla Locke sat with her back against the cool brick wall of a Victorian house

The autumn wind swept her brown hair slightly, and her legs dangled off the edge of a step.

How she would miss this place

Today, Camilla would be leaving the beautiful Victorian manner she grew up in.
A pretty hard pill to swallow.

So instead, Cam did what she did on most days, and tried to imagine the former residents of the home. She would imagine the tutor sessions that would go on in the study, how men and women would come teach children French and English.
She would imagine the gatherings that would have been thrown in the small ballroom, and the stunning dresses the women would wear.

generations and generations of families, eventually leading up to her

The 15 year old girl has spent countless nights sitting in the parlour, watching old films and reading tattered classics. History interested her immensely, as there was always something new to learn.

The only reason she was excited for Hogwarts, was the beautiful grounds. She would be able to explore the historic castle and well kept gardens and forests.

But Camilla didn't want to leave.

leaving California meant leaving Ilvermony, her school. It meant leaving her best friends, Gwen and Atlas. It meant leaving the band she started with them last year.

California was her home.

Her dad had said that nothing will be different. Well how the fuck would Camilla surf in the middle of the Irish countryside?

But she had to understand.
About a month ago, when Richard Locke was offered his dream job, head of the British Auror office, he couldn't turn it down. He talked to both his children, Cam and Max, and explained the situation.
She could remember it so clearly.

She could also remember not taking it so well.

But Camilla had to be mature about it. This was a good thing for their family.
It was a fresh start, which was just what they needed.

The oak trees surrounding the house swayed in the wind, the last of their leaves falling off and transforming into shades of oranges and yellows, littering the ground like art.
She'd come back here someday.
She would have to.

Because in the back garden of the Locke family manner, stood a grave. Even though it was only around 5 years old, it looked ancient.
the front of the hard stone, read

"Emilia Potter"
'Mother, sister and wife'

Under the dark soil of the grave, there held no coffin, there was no body.
It was just a reminded of Emilia.
Of her soul, before everything happened

Camilla picked up the phone lying next to her, and turned up the volume as loud as it could possibly go. 'Dumb' by Nirvana played into her ears, and the girl started unconsciously tapping her green converse against the brick, to the sound of the beats.