Lab Rat. (Lore :'])

May 14, 2:38AM

Keith was taken in for his daily testing. He held onto the slim amount of clothing they gave him, making a hospital gown look like a blanket in proximity.

He was made to be a mix of multiple creatures and animals, yet still had a resemblance of human. He still had his beeps and boops, but he didn't look how he did 5 years ago.

He was laid on the testing table as his usual scientist did his vitals and blood work. His scientist was cute.

He had bright orange hair, green eyes, and the faintest amount of freckles. He was only able to see them because his eyes were modified.

If he were to see him with his old eyes he would have never seen them. He was happy he could. Only a few people would be able to.

Keith didn't realize himself smiling until the scientist said something.
"Why are you smiling Keith?"
"It's really nothing. Please continue your work."

These tiny conversations would usually destroy the tension between the two, they had a weird silent bond. At least what Keith thought.

2:55AM

"You're done with your testing."
"Will I be having any surgeries tomorrow?"
"Possibly. Were seeing if your body is compatible to an animal we were curious about."
"I know this is probably a slim chance answer, but will I ever be able to leave this place?"
"..Hopefully. Now goodnight Keith. I'll see you in a few hours."
"Bye Honey!"

Stupid Keith. Even as a testing subject he's still so human like. Why'd it have to be him?

???

Let's start from the beginning.
.
.
.

April 21, ####, 9:52PM

We were teenagers.
If we had even went to a normal school we'd be called highschool sweethearts.

But we didn't.

If we had normal lives, this would've turned out differently.

But it didn't.

We were both scientists in training, in a month we'd be graduating into an actual lab. Unless we were one of the few that were picked as testing subjects each semester.

Life is fucking cruel.

He was picked. He was fucking picked. His name was called last. We only needed this last chance to be free from this fucking school.

But life had other plans.

If you're called on stage you can either pick someone to be your main scientist or they'll pick you.

We chose each other if this situation happened to either of us. We were prepared physically but not mentally.

I walked on stage, standing next to him as all of the others on the stage cried, but not him. He looked painfully happy. Like he was held at gunpoint and they said for him to smile.