Part 3

It had been a week since Sonakshi moved in with Dev. Things were awkward for them but moving out was not an option for either of them.
She had finally settled in the house.
Dev would never admit but he knew how much Sonakshi's presence around him affected him. He made sure to not be around her as much as possible. He over burdened himself with work to make sure he was out for work most of the times.
Sonakshi on the other hand spent her days exploring the new city. There were a few days left for her course to start. In her free time She would explore places alone, eat at restaurants all alone. She really missed a company and she knew who it was but didn't want to accept it.
Dev and Sonakshi hardly met. They spent most of their time in their rooms, they lived as complete strangers.
It was 8am on a Monday morning. It was Sonakshi's first day at the university and she was running super late. She was pissed on herself as she slept through her alarm. She rushed to the kitchen to make some breakfast. As she was about to enter, she saw Dev entering.
Dev began to make his breakfast.
'Umm Dev, aaj mera first day hai university ka and I'm getting very late. If you don't mind, can I please use the kitchen to make breakfast first? I promise I won't take too long'. She said.

Dev had a wicked smile, he absolutely loved troubling her 'too bad Sonakshi, agar late ho raha hai toh pehle uthna chaheye. Aur sirf tum nahi late ho rehi, mujhe bhi kaam hai, office jana hai' with that he ignored her and began making his breakfast.

Sonakshi clenched her teeth in anger. His arrogance really irritated her. He was not the same anymore. If he was her Dev, he would have offered to make breakfast for her.
She was starving. She looked around the kitchen to see if there was something that she could grab to eat but couldn't find anything.
She took her bag and left without eating anything.

Dev's POV.
I think I should have let her make breakfast first. Damn it, nutritionists Sonakshi Bose left without eating? He was surprised. I thought she would argue, fight with me and make her breakfast. Sonakshi would never skip breakfast. I remember how she would get upset when I would skip it. Has she changed? He thought. He brushed off his thought and after finishing his breakfast, he left for work.

First day at university was easy.
A warm welcome and introduction at the university made Sonakshi a little comfortable. She spoke to a fellow students from different nationalities.
It was evening time and the sun was just about to set. Sonakshi was about to leave her campus when two of her Indian classmates came to her.
'Hey! I'm Aditya' said one
'And I'm neel. We saw you in class but didn't get a chance to talk to our fellow Indian classmate. You're?' He asked.
'Sonakshi' she said that with a tight lipped smile.

'Umm, actually we are heading for a few drinks at the bar nearby. Some of our classmates. Would you like to join us?' Aditya asked.

Sonakshi was not sure. It was already getting dark and going out with strangers on the first day didn't seem like a wise decision. She was lost in these thoughts when Aditya waved at her face to grab her attention.
'Hey, don't worry, we are not creeps' he said jokingly. Neel chuckled.
And Aditya continued 'some more people are joining us. It will be fun, you should come'. They didn't force Sonakshi. They just wanted to casually invite her for a casual fun evening.

Sonakshi being a sort off introvert didn't wish to go but she really wanted to make some friends so she reluctantly agreed.

Dev was finally home after a long and tiring day. His life was lonely and monotonous. He finished his dinner alone and was heading to his room to call it a night but decided to peek into Sonakshis room to see her slyly. She was not home. It was around 1am and Dev didn't have a good feeling about this. To say the least he was worried. He really wanted to check up on her but if he would have done that, he would have shown concern so instead, he just decided to wait.
Dev was exhausted but he didn't want to sleep before Sonakshi came home. He sat on the couch restlessly while his eyes were glued to the main door. But before he knew, he dozed off on the couch.
An hour later the door opener. Dev woke up to the noise and the moment he saw her, he gave a sigh of relief. Without saying anything, Sonakshi walking to the kitchen to grab some water and Dev followed her.
'Kaha thi tum?' He asked in an authoritative yet concerned tone.
She gulped her water and couldn't contemplate his question. 'Excuse me?, why do you care? It's non of your business' She said rudely. Sonakshi was never rude to Dev but he was an ass to her in the morning and she was really pissed.
Dev rolled his eyes and said 'I really don't care it's just that ki raat ke do baj rahe hai and it's unsafe. You shouldn't be only alone this late'
'Can you stop parenting me,Dev? Maine advice mangi? Nahi na? So back off.' She said that and was about to leave but turned around to say 'you know, mere parents bhi mere life mein itna interfere karte, jitna aap kar rahe ho. Mujhe pata hai, aap ne apne cheap tactics use karke mere bare mein sari information nikaali hai. But I get it, yeh problem hereditary hai....'
'Interfering just like your mother....' She muttered and left.
He had heard the last thing she said  but he knew she was right and thats
why he didn't argue but he was hurt.
He knew that his mother was one of the main reasons he was alone today and because of that he had cutoff all ties with his family. Ever since he came to London, he never spoke to his family. Not even once. He missed them, especially Ishwari, she meant the world to him but what could he do? His family failed him. He brushed off his thought and also made a mental note- to not interfere in Sonakshis life again. With that, he went to his room to call it a night.