Part 4

Sonakshi finished her virtual appointment with her patients in her room. On days when she didn't have class, she would help her patients.
It was a long day for her. She walked out of her room to the kitchen to make her lunch.
Dev was sitting at the dining table working swamped with work. He was sitting in a pile of papers and a few empty cups of coffee.
Sonakshi walked past him and saw his phone ringing. She happened to see the screen. It was Ishwari. She noticed how Dev was ignoring her calls. This was not the first time she saw that.she found it quite unusual to see Dev ignoring ishwaris calls. She really wanted to know the reason but knew Dev would make a big deal out of it. She chose to ignore it and walked to the kitchen and saw a pile of dirty dishes. It was devs turn to wash the dishes as per the rules he had made. Dev and Sonakshi followed all the rule for a peaceful stay in that house but today Dev was too busy to do the dishes he had planned to do them as soon as he would finish work but there seemed to be no end to it.
'Dev, please do the dishes, I need to make my lunch' she said in a tired voice.
'Thume dikh nahi raha hai, I'm busy? I'll do the dishes later, not now' he said, annoyed.
He was not irritated at her, his work was making him frustrated.
'You made the rules, just follow them. I'm not in the mood to fight with you dev' she said.
'I said I'll do them LATER.' He said as he raised his tone.

'Don't you dare raise your voice at me, varna' the one thing that Sonakshi absolutely hated was when Dev unnecessarily raised his voice at her.
Dev knew she hated his tone but he was frustrated, the business deal he was working on was not in his favour.
'Varna? Varna kya, huh?' As he said that, he walked to the kitchen, came close to her, so close that their noses were almost touched.
'Varna kya karogi, bolo' clenching his teeth. There was a prolonged eye contact. He was so close to her, it gave both of them butterflies in the stomach. Their closeness didn't bother either of them, it felt so comfortable yet uncomfortable. With him so close, Sonakshi couldn't say a word. She just stared into his eyes blankly. His heavy breathing comforted her so much. He was lost in her eyes too.
Sonakshi's POV
'Oh shit, why is Dev standing so close to me? What his he trying to do? Can't he step back?' Her mind yelled.
I think I should step back but I don't know why I can't.
Dev is so close to be, after so many years. He has got dark circles now. I'm sure he is not sleeping well, mr. obodhro!
Ahhh, his lip are so hot, can he just touch his lips to mine? I'm craving him so much'
End of POV
The minute Sonakshi got her last thought, she snapped back into reality and stepped back. She was shocked. 'Sona, you're unbelievable' her mind taunting. Without saying a word, she left to her room.

Devs POV
'She looks just the same, my khargosh' his mind chuckled. 'I really want to pin her to the wall and kiss her right now but I can't, damn it. If we were together, I'm sure this situation would have lead to something really steamy'
With her so close to him, he studied her face. What's up with all the wrinkles on her forehead? She looks so tired and weak now a days. She has stopped smiling. Has she become like old Dev? Did I do this to her? He thought. It made him feel so guilty. By then Sonakshi stepped back and walked away, leaving him with some unanswered questions.
End of POV.

Dev got back to work but couldn't really concentrate. All he could think of was of Sonakshi. Why did she look so unhappy? He questioned himself. He opened his phone gallery and began scrolling through some of her and their pictures. It brought back so many memories. The recollected all the memories again. Pictures from their first date to their last picture as a couple at their honeymoon. Seeing Sonakshi smiling always brought solace to Dev.
Ever since she moved in, Dev never saw her happy. She always seemed low and reserved.
As he thought of all this, his mind suddenly taunted him.
'She deserves to be unhappy. After the night she left me, I tried so hard to get in touch with her but she cut all ties. She left me, didn't fight for us. I don't care and I shouldn't care about her. I HATE her'
There was so much rage in his eyes. He brushed off his thoughts and got back to work.

Sonakshi stepped back from Dev and ran to her room. She closed her door and fell on the bed embarrassed.
'Wtf just happened? Did I just crave for him? Did I want him to kiss me?! I'm over him. I have moved on and my life his better without him. But then why was I okay with him being so close to me? Ughhh! It's best to maintain distance with him now. He was the one who made the prenup papers, he never believed in us, never took stand for us. Such a spineless man. I HATE him.'
She still felt restless. She couldn't process what was happening to her. Without wasting a second, she called Asha.
'Maa!!' She cried.
Sonakshis tone worried Asha so much'

'Shona, beta kya hua? Tu ro kyu rehi hai?' She asked, concerned.

'I miss you. I miss home. I'm very homesick. Yaha mujhe se kuch be akele nahi ho raha. Mujhse khana bhi nahi ban raha. Kabhi dal jal jati hai toh kabhi sabji. I feel like a looser.'
Sonakshi cried.

'Dekh beta, mujhe pata hai naya sheher hai, naye log hai. Dheere dheere sab theek ho jayega. Tu thode time bahar ja, naye logo se mil, meditate kar' Asha tried to give her random ideas. That's the only thing she could do. She felt helpless. 'Aur rehi baat khana banane ki, thoda time lagega, sona.maine jo easy recipes sikhayin hai, tu woh bana aur I'm always a call away, kuch bhi ho toh mujhe call kar. Theek hai? Ab rona band kar, sab theek go jayega.
Accha waise, mujhe tujhe kuch gossip dena hai' the mother daughter duo continued their gossip session and that diverted Sonakshis mind. Her mother was such a stress buster.