1

Jimin flinched when he heard the door open and shut, heart thudding in pure fear.

He was back.

He shuffled to the farthest wall of his small cage, even though it was pointless since he could and would just grab the chain that was hooked to the heavy collar around Jimin's neck and yank him forward.

It was his favorite game to play, after all.

There came a loud sigh, and then the door was kicked open.

He came into the room, hand ruffling his hair as if his day at the office had been stressful. His white shirt was dirty- ripped and splattered and smeared with blood. There were scratches on his face that were bleeding. His shoes left bloody footprints on the floor.

His one green eye and one blue eye were striking in the dimly lit room.

He ignored Jimin, walking to the connecting bathroom and shut the door shut behind him.

Jimin sat as still as a rock, as if not moving would keep him safe. The lamp on the bedside table was the only source of light in the room, throwing him in half shadows.

He wished he was fully covered in the darkness, so that he couldn't find him.

He listened to the sound of the shower running, picturing him scrubbing the drying blood off his face, tilting his head back in the spraying water as he let the days events wash off of him.

Only a few minutes passed before the water was shut off, and Jimin tensed, heart pounding too loud in his ears.

Another minute passed and then the door opened, steam rolling out as he stepped into the bedroom, a towel wrapped loosely around his hips.

He walked across the room to the closet, smirking when his mismatched eyes caught Jimin's wide and terrified ones staring at him.

"Like what you see?" He chuckled, running his fingertips down his exposed, wet chest.

Jimin just trembled, unable to look away.

He turned back around to study the clothes hanging from the closet. Choosing dark pants and no shirt, he yanked the fabric on, before finally putting all his attention on the terrified boy who didn't want it.

He crouched on his heels in front of the small cage, arms resting outstretched on top of his bent knees. Picking up the chain that was bolted to the floor a few feet in front of the cage, he gave it a yank.

Although Jimin knew this was coming, he was still unable to stop himself from falling forwards, his bound hands behind his back offering no help to break his fall as he crashed into the sturdy, cold metal bars of the cage. His mouth opened in a silent cry of pain, the heavy chain collar too much for his already sore and injured neck to have to constantly endure, especially when it was abused like this.

He chuckled, reaching through the bars to pat Jimin's sweaty, messy hair.

It had been over a week since he was let out to take a shower, and he could feel every molecule of dirt on his body, even felt it seeping through his thin and tattered shirt and shorts. It felt like the grime was a part of him now.

"There, there, pet. Unfortunately I'm too tired to play with you today." He said, stroking the limp locks of black hair. "My broken songbird."

He did that for a moment and Jimin trembled, forcing himself to stay still and hope he could escape the night of pain.

His fingers hooked around the collar, yanking it down slightly to see the bandages that were tied tightly around the boys neck. They had a faint red stain drying in the middle.

With a noncommittal hum, he released the boy and stood up.

Jimin watched as he climbed into bed, flicking off the lamp as he did.

The room was bathed in dark silence, and even though there was no gag restricting Jimin from screaming, he stayed quiet in his little cage.

After all, there was no point in screaming for help when your vocal cords have been taken away.