2

Taehyung woke up, bleary eyes taking a moment to wake up a little more, before little toes touched down on soft carpet.

He grabbed his red stuffie, a heart that matched his smile, as he padded out of his room and to the kitchen.

He thought he had heard some sounds earlier, but now everything was ḏ̵̤̣̗͉͎̦̾͗͑̉̌͜ḙ̸̠̹̞̰̣͕̂̎̎̆̃͠͠ä̷̱̲̫́t̴͖̗̆͂ḥ̶̢̟̳͇́̾͒̈́͑͐͝͠l̸̞̱͈̘̭̍́́͝y̸̛͖̬̠̻̤͔̓̏̎͛͆̆̚ quiet.

Humming to keep himself company, five year old Taehyung set Heartie on the counter, having to reach above his head and stand on his tippy toes to do so. He had to jump to reach the lightswitch.

Looking around for his stool, he beamed when he found it and pulled it over to where the cupboards were. He set it down and climbed on top of it to reach his superhero themed plastic cup.

"See, Heartie?" He talked to the stuffed plush. "I told you I could do it!"

He reached up, pressing the cup against the small panel on the fridge that opened and let water flow down into the cup.

Taehyung poked his tongue out, watching the cup get filled halfway, and then he eagerly brought it to his lips to drink.

Of course, he shared a little with Heartie, spilling only some.

Footsteps.

Taehyung paused, craning his neck to see someone standing in the doorway, obscured by the shadows of the dark hallway behind him.

Taehyung didn't know what to look at first- the boy's bright green and blue eyes, the knife he held down at his thigh, or the drops of red rolling off the tip of the knife to splash on the white tiled floor.

He blinked, wondering who this boy was.

"Taehyung."

The child blinked, surprised. "You- you know me?"

The figure chuckled, stepping into the lit kitchen. "Of course. I do my homework. Your parents w̸̜͂͑e̶̲̥͒̔ṟ̶̅ę̴̐͑ Kim Joongki and Jihyo."

Taehyung nodded eagerly. "Yeah! Mommy and daddy!"

He cocked his head as he looked at the knife again, pointing to it with a short, chubby finger. "Why are you spilling paint? Mommy will be upset."

The boy glanced at the knife, angling the blade so it laid flat.

"I'm sure she won't be upset at anything anymore."

Taehyung accepted that. He grabbed Heartie and squeezed him. "Are you Santa?"

The teenage boy laughed, crouching down. He held up the dripping knife. "Do you think this is a toy, Taehyungie?"

Taehyung nodded, walking over. "Daddy uses that when making dinner! I want to help, but he never lets me hold it."

"That's because it's dangerous, you have to be careful with it." The boy said. He held it out so Taehyung could examine it. "See, it's sharp here."

Taehyung ooh'ed, leaning in to get a better look. "Daddy says that too. But I'm careful! I am!"

The boy smiled, holding the handle out to him. "Then prove it."

Taehyung paused for a moment, his knowledge that daddy said no battling with his curiosity to finally try holding a forbidden toy.

Finally his curiosity won and he grabbed the slick black handle.