3

Stealing the horse had actually been pretty easy.

Jungkook had slipped into farmer Mills pasture without being seen, and had approached the small brown pony with an apple, gaining its trust as he slipped on a bridle and led it out of the grassy clearing.

The pony had followed him down the side of the road to his high school without much complaint. Jungkook liked to think that Brownie- he named him Brownie by the way- was glad to get out of that boring field where nothing new ever happened.

Getting a horse into the school was the trickier part, but Jungkook, in all his golden luck, had managed it.

By going in through the back doors that no one ever used, and timing his entrance when the majority of kids were in classes, he had successfully snuck a horse into his school.

He stood with Brownie now in the empty hallway that led to the large double doors, where the cafeteria was. It was buzzing with the sounds of students ordering food and talking with their friends at the tables just behind those doors.

He paused for a brief moment, thinking about his brother, and how he was in the middle of a meeting with their parents right now and the principal.

Fraternal twins Kim Jungkook and Namjoon were in the same grade, but different classes.

While Jungkook had normal ones like science and history and math, Namjoon had AP science and AP history and AP math.

His older brother was a certified genius, and had multiple colleges scouting him and offering scholarships, even though he was still only a senior.

Meanwhile Jungkook had a 1.5 GPA, a couple detentions and six speeding tickets.

Everyone was always comparing him to his brother, saying if only Namjoon's perfectness had rubbed off some on the delinquent little brother.

Jungkook was not a delinquent, he just wasn't the same person as his brother, and acted out because of it.

Because it gave him attention.

Attention that normally always went to the perfect, smart, handsome, responsible and 'everyone's favorite Kim', Namjoon.

Which was why today, Jungkook had stolen the horse.

He planned on bringing Brownie back to its mother after today- right after it caused a huge mess in the school. He couldn't wait to see the look on Principal Pak's face when she saw her prestigious cafeteria getting trampled under Brownie's hooves.

It was a harmless prank. The students would love it and Brownie would get some fun.

He led the pony by its bridle, patting its sturdy neck and telling him he was such a good horsie for being so compliant with Jungkook's plan.

Footsteps behind him made Jungkook whip his head around, fear spiking his heart when he thought his plan was ruined before it even got started, but he relaxed when he saw it was just his friend, Lee Hana.

"Jungkook!" She hissed, shock reflecting her wide eyes. "Oh my God- what are you- how did you- where did- I got your text and..." She trailed off, staring at the horse.

Jungkook grinned. "Hana, meet Brownie."

She continued to stare, trying to come to terms with the fact there was a horse right in front of her, standing casually in the brightly lit, linoleum tiled hallway.

"You...you aren't really going to do this, right?" She managed to get out at last.

Jungkook scoffed, grabbing a handful of Brownie's mane to hoist himself into his back. "Of course I am. I didn't bring the horse all the way here just to not go through with it."

"But you'll get expelled!" Hana exclaimed. "Or even jailed!"

Jungkook chuckled. "There's no laws against bringing a horse into a school. I checked."

"But-"

Jungkook was done with the conversation, however, and he squeezed his legs against Brownie's sides. "C'mon, Brownie! Hiya! Giddyup!"

Brownie snorted, wobbled a little on his stubby legs, but dutifully trotted down the hallway towards the double doors, gradually picking up speed.

Hana could only watch as Jungkook and the pony burst through the doors, and listen to the ensuing chaos.