Ch. 2 ~ Months Later ~

Joey's POV

It's today. Today is the day. Why can't I stand still?!? It feels like Susanna has been back there for 12 hours. My feet take me pacing back and forth and then forth and back. It's a wonder I'm not going in circles!

A hand grasps my shoulder and shoves me into my seat. "Calm down bro." Chad locks eyes with me. "It will be fine. Caleb did the same crazy pacing thing and everything you are doing."

"You're one to talk, Mr. Graham. You did the same thing. If not worse." Caleb says.

Before an argument can break out, Alan steps into the room. "I'm gone five minutes! Anyways, we all acted the same way. If you're anxious, just pray, Joey."

"Alan would be spiritual." I murmur.

"What was that?" Alan turns.

I let out a nervous laugh, "Nothing, Alan."

~30 minutes later~

"Joseph Stamper?" A nurse calls out.

"That's me." I shoot up from my seat.

"You can come see your wife now." She smiles at my excitement. I turn before following the nurse. I look at my bandmates, really more like brothers. They shoot me each an encouraging grin and a thumbs up. They have all been in my shoes.

My parents are both beaming. "Shoo! I want to see my new grandchild." Mom says with a grin, as she waves me away. I smile at my brothers and their wives. Donald's wife, Lynn (yes, Susanna's best friend) is heavily pregnant. As in any day now pregnant. The other is holding her two year old twins.

I don't need anything more. I rush to the room, the nurse directed me too. There lies my wife, Susanna Stephens Stamper. She'd never looked more beautiful than now. She opened her eyes, and though I could tell she was tired there was a new different light in her eyes.

Before I could say anything, a nurse came in with a pink blanket. "Here's your daughter." She placed her in Susanna's arms. I almost cried, I won't lie.

Susanna had her eyes locked on our baby girl, and tears were streaming down her cheeks. The little creation of joy bundled up in Sus's arms, was equal parts me and my wife. She looked up at me with an unmeasurable amount of love in her blue eyes. "Joey, would you like to hold our baby girl?"

I was eager to hold her and took her carefully in my arms. She looked like both of us. She opened her tiny bright blue eyes and looked at me, she grabbed my finger and looked pretty happy with her little self. At least that's the way it happened in my mind. Oh boy. In that instant this precious girl would have me wrapped around her pretty little finger. I kissed her head, and whispered, "Welcome to the world, Hailee Marie Stamper."