Chapter 2.5 - Levi's Time

Susanna's POV

It's been two years since Hailee was born, and it's time again. This time I'm carrying a precious little boy. Technically, I'm due in November, but this is mid-October. Am I lounging around at home? Nope. Apparently, Levi Joel Stamper is eager to greet the world, because I'm at the hospital waiting between contractions.

Lynn and Donald are keeping Hailee at there house with their daughter, Katherine. Joey was with the band, performing at a venue west of here. He's supposed to be here soon. Yet for now, it's just me and God.

I set to calming myself by singing and humming "Where The Light Is", my breath steadies and I sigh. I smile as I think of the journey of photos that Lynn has took on this pregnancy of mine. When I was carrying my baby girl, it was a bit tricky. It was my first time, and she was carrying Katherine. I pull out my phone and look through the Levi photo album.

The first picture had Joey and I holding hands, you can't really tell that I'm pregnant yet, but I'm holding onto Hailee's hand, and she's staring down beside her. The funny thing was that we rushed around and went to take the pictures. I didn't know what I was having at this point. So we just took a pair of some of our little girl's baby shoes. I soon found out I was having a boy, so Lynn fixed it by putting the Levi Jean logo where Hailee is looking.

The next photo had a much... rounder me involved. Joey and I did a gender reveal where we had on white shirts, and our hands in the shape of a heart. Then we lifted them and revealed blue paint. That was all Joey. He loved that it reminded him of a certain music video the band had once done. Only it involved sharpies and not a pregnant woman.

There was also one day when Joey actually caught me reading to the baby. I was sitting in our bed, and had "Are You My Mother?" Up to my face reading gently, as I caressed my round stomach. He couldn't help himself. Countless other pictures.

I suddenly realize the contractions are much closer now, a nurse shows up and I nod. "I think it's time." I say, calmly. Joey passes me in the hallway, and I blow him a kiss.

This birth is relatively drama free, and soon I'm brought a beautiful baby boy who is placed in my waiting arms. He moves his little mouth sleepily, then stretches his baby arms. His thick head of hair reminds me of my own when I was born, so I forsee him having lighter hair when he's older. Joey practically bounces into the room, then stops. "Levi JOEl Stamper. Welcome baby boy." I gently laugh at the specific way he pronounced our son's middle name. His eyes are brimming with tears, as takes his son in his arms, gently rocking back and forth.

After we are cleared to go home, Lynn gets a snapshot of our beautiful gift from God. I'm so thankful for everything he has given me.