Twenty-One

The rays from the morning sun penetrated through the glass windows, chasing away the morning cold with its subtle heat. A slither of light that slipped through the gap of my lids caused me to wince, prompting them to close immediately as it triggered me to arouse from my slumber. Blinking a few more times, my vision soon adjusted to the surrounding brightness.

"Good morning." I greeted, seeing Nathan too, struggle to open his tired eyes. With my back against the couch, I soon came to realize that our positions were switched, with me on the inside and Nathan on the outside.

"Morning, princess." Nathan hummed, nestling me closer to him as I rubbed my head into his chest, causing him to burst out in laughter. "You're tickling me with your hair, darling."

"I see you two are having a good morning!" A cheery voice pulled our sweet morning to a halt as our heads shot up to where the noise came from; only to be startled with both my parents staring down at Nathan and I as we exchanged our intimate moments. 

Apparently, the peculiarity in their gaze was enough to send Nathan rolling off the sofa and onto the floor, taking the blanket with him to cover himself as if he wasn't wearing any pants.

"M-morning John, morning Helen." He stuttered, cheeks flushing in a bright vermillion shade. His ruffled and messy hair together with his half-unbuttoned shirt sent me into a snickering mess.

"You two didn't..." Dad asked with a slight frown as he pointed between Nathan and I. Soon coming to the realization about what he meant, it was finally my turn to have the same shade of red appear on my face.

"NO!"

"NO!"

We both shouted in unison, furiously shaking our heads.

"Alright, a simple 'no' would suffice. There is no need to shout in the early morning." My dad said, wincing at the noise as he rubbed a finger against his ear. "I'm getting a cup of coffee." He continued, before guiding my mom by the waist as they entered the kitchen for breakfast.

"I better get going." Nathan said, clambering for his coat before pulling it over his shoulders.

"Good idea." I hastily replied, still feeling embarrassed.

"Hold on a minute, Nathan!" Mom called out, rushing to him as he was now halfway out the door. "Please eat this on the way home. It's not good to start off the day with an empty stomach."

"Thank you, Helen." Nathan received the package of sandwich, neatly stuffed with a mix of tomatoes, ham, and egg mayonnaise before showing a grateful smile. "And thank you for letting me stay the night."

"It's no problem," dad spoke, sauntering over to the three of us as he brought the cup of coffee to his lips before sipping on it. "We hope to see you soon."

"Will do."

As soon as the door closed behind us, Nathan and I strolled out on the porch, saturating our lungs with the freshness of the morning breeze. At the back of my head, I knew for a fact that there was without a doubt that my parents were scrutinizing our every movement from behind the curtain covers.

"Seems like you've won over my parents." I teased, not caring if we were under watch.

"Like I said, I don't need luck. I only need you by my side." I giggled, pushing myself into him while leaning my head towards his touch as he brushed his thumb over my cheek. I could never go a day without his touch nor his kisses. I was drunk for him.

"You know that your parents are still looking, right?" He questioned, lifting his eyebrows. But this only encouraged me to crush myself deeper into him, to the point where there were no gaps between us both.