prologue

the brunette girl felt the gun being pointed to her head as she whimpered in pain at the rough tug at her hair

"p-please-"

"shut up."

the girl breathed in sharply at the man's arm pressing on her throat, gagging for air desperately as a tear fell from her eye

"you're going to tell me where he is." he threatened

but she shook her head vigorously "n-n-no."

his maniacal laughter sent shivers down her spine and fear struck her louder than it had ever done before; than she'd ever felt these past months no matter what she'd seen or experienced.

she closed her eyes tightly when she felt the man press the gun firmly at her head once again as he brought his lips to her ear, a desperate cry escaping her again.

"well, then, you leave me no choice." he whispered

she awaited for the trigger to be pulled; tears streaming down her cheeks as she took short, tense breaths. she couldn't fight back; even if she wanted to...she didn't have the strength to. she had been locked up for days on end eating scraps. she knew she was going to die at some point, she just hoped that he wouldn't either.

the sudden loud bang - not from the gun - interrupted the process as someone walked though; tall and lean with a significant leather jacket worn. but when the girl's eyes landed on his curly-haired figure, she felt her heart stop and her tear-filled eyes widened in shock.

"ah, come to see the show?" the man holding the girl grinned

the curly-haired man's eyes landed on her as his jaw clenched and he brought his hand to his gun, holding it out "i'm here, now let her go."

"and leave the enjoyment of watching the ricky bowen in a moment of weakness?" the man asked "i think not."

"r-ricky-" the girl cried

"i swear to god, i will blow your head off if you don't get your fucking hands off of her!"

"ah ah ah," the man said as he pressed the gun harder to the girl's head, causing for ricky's grip on his own weapon to tighten at the sight "put the gun down and...maybe i'll consider letting her go."

"you intercepted my crew's shipments, broke into my house and kidnapped her. and you think i'm going to put this gun down?!" he exclaimed

"if you don't want a bullet to go through her thick, stubborn skull, then yes."

ricky's eyes flickered towards the brunette girl's. he saw the fear and heartbreak in them and her tears were glazing over them. she was pale and fragile and it broke him to be forced to see her like this

he glanced back at the door he broke through before biting his teeth together and soon putting his gun down to the floor in a slow motion.

ricky's eyes never left the girl's, wanting nothing more than to reach out and hold onto her tightly, keeping her safe in his arms to never let her go. but he couldn't. not yet.

"well, thank you, very much." the man smirked as he removed the gun from her head and pointed it directly at the curly-haired man

"n-no!"

the girl got thrown to the floor hard, feeling a huge amount of pain numb her body as she coughed hard and ricky shot up and took a step towards her

"nini-!"

-GUNSHOT-